Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

2010 MK2 Leon Cupra R - Build from Stock - Stage 2+ (and beyond) including DIY guides

Discussion in 'Readers Rides (SEAT)' started by gurpz94, May 10, 2019.

1. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Thanks :cheers: As long as the bills are paid my wife is the one who usually says let's get more car parts :flag:

Blaptastic likes this.
  2. Blaptastic

Mine complains if I pay someone to clean it!

gurpz94 likes this.
  3. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Clean your own car more often and put those savings into car parts :santa:

Blaptastic likes this.
  4. Blaptastic

As HRH Lord Sir Jeremy Clarkson regularly quotes "I don't do manual labour".

5. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Ah yes our unofficial King Sir Jeremy Clarkson. Wise words...

Blaptastic likes this.
  6. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

We did a 300 mile round trip to go to R-Tech Performance in Nuneaton. The whole team at R-Tech are amazing and have finally sorted out all the crap issues we were having with our car from day 1. Their skill & knowledge is incomparable.

As you can see from the thumbnail, we got the CUSTOM stage 2+ remap from R-Tech along with the over run map. Goopra is now a flame throwing monster, the flames were so huge we couldn't get them on camera (the camera was mounted far back enough to cut 1 exhaust tip off the shot, and the flames were still too big). We've fallen back in love with this car, the power and responsiveness is INSANE now.

We had a LONG day full of ups and downs and now my wallet is feeling very empty and my bank account is sad, but we're happy!

And now, some dyno graphs (car was NOT running 335bhp before with the state it was in):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And for the list of issues...

[​IMG]

Legojon likes this.
  7. Moody95

Moody95 Whoosh and your away

What is your next plans for the car? love the colour by the way

gurpz94 likes this.
  8. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Thanks :) I have some really big plans for the car at a later stage, but those will probably be next year.

My wife and I are buying our house so money is quite tight, I'll be doing some smaller upgrades and will need to grab some uprated brakes soon. The OEM brakes aren't good enough in the dry, I'd dread to see them in action in the wet.

Moody95 likes this.
  9. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Just before we got our Stage 2+ remap done at R-tech, we fitted our RS4 fuel return valve.. This was the most fiddly ball-ache of a job, not to mention our car nearly killed us :wtf:

The OEM FRV provides up to 130 bar of fuel pressure, the RS4 one provides up to 136 bar, and is essential if you want to go for stage 2+ or more power on your car.

Audi RS4 Fuel Return Valve part # - 079 130 757

Moody95 likes this.
  10. ash_89

ash_89 Active Member

Great build mate !.. always nice to see a car modified from the ground up :thumbup:

gurpz94 likes this.
  11. Moody95

Fair enough I've been following your videos on YouTube as your car looks similar to mine and nobody seems to document a seat Leon cupra/r

gurpz94 likes this.
  12. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Thanks much appreciated. That's one of the main reasons I started to make the videos - there's tonnes of videos on S3s and Golf Rs but no LCRs.
    On top of that, if someone buys a standard LC/LCR they can follow the videos, save hundreds of ££ in labour and get stage 2+ ready.

13. Moody95

My end goal is stage 2+ with my cupra

gurpz94 likes this.
  14. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Have you done any mods so far or are you starting at the beginning too?

15. Moody95

Im starting from the beginning, I've only had the car a few weeks and it is completely stock so got a blank canvas to work with.

gurpz94 likes this.
  16. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

Been working and saving for our house so not much has been happening on the car side, but we did get our new clutch in :)

The old clutch was slipped really badly and we found out why (we show it in the video). I went for the RTS Single Mass Flywheel & twin friction clutch kit. There is slight vibration even after 200 odd miles but it takes the power nicely, I've done a few pulls in 2nd and 3rd gear and it handles the power with ease.

While everything was off, the guys at the garage also replaced the slave cylinder and the release bearing - if your release bearing is bad, when you're pulling off you will hear a rolling knocking noise.

Legojon likes this.
  17. gurpz94

gurpz94 Active Member

So it's been a while... I'm happy to announce my wife and I bought our house, so we're back to being broke now :blink:

I thought I'd try a small but very effective mod, which is colouring in the stitching on my seats and trim with Sharpies.. no joke. The finish came out great and it took a few hours but is definitely worth it. My whole theme with this car is black and red, and having the white stitching always stood out from the rest of the car, but now it blends in. At night it looks epic so I can't wait to see how it is in Summer!

Here's a video on our tips if you want to do this yourself or just to see how it turned out, with some before and after shots. More mods coming soon!