2011 Black Sapphire BMW 335D M Sport - CAR STOLEN YH11 HJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
If it's any consolation I always assumed it was a 3.5 purely by the boot numbering scheme.

Without anything other than my own logic I always thought the boot numbers related to the model and enginge size, so 318 would have been a 3 series 1.8 litre. Just goes to show how wrong you can be lol. Looking at the website they only seem to do 2 and 3 litre engines for the 3 series.........ignoring the M3 obviously

Last edited:

MATTCR

FR
Mar 6, 2007
UK
If it's any consolation I always assumed it was a 3.5 purely by the boot numbering scheme.

Without anything other than my own logic I always thought the boot numbers related to the model and enginge size, so 318 would have been a 3 series 1.8 litre. Just goes to show how wrong you can be lol. Looking at the website they only seem to do 2 and 3 litre engines for the 3 series.........ignoring the M3 obviously

I have thought the exact same thing for the best part of my whole life :roflmao:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I don't like it :(
Oh dear Liam - sure once you get a ride you will change your mind.

Liking the new car a lot Maz! Sounds like there are very few regrets with buying this car and parting ways with the Leon?

How are you finding the rev range with all that grunt? Is it typically 'diesel', as in very short and sharp in first and second, or is there a nice progresive band when you give it the beans?

My oldest mate has the previous shaped 335D with a stg 1 map on it and it sounds like a roaring V8 under throttle... Surprisingly nice sounding and a brilliant air of smoothness to it through the power band...

Look forward to hearing about your progress with the new addition.

James.
I will always regret getting rid of the Leon as it was a superb car. However I don't regret getting the BMW either as its a totally different kind of love. Rev range is much wider than the Leon's. Torque starts from 1750RPM all the way till 5000rpm. The power is relentless and the push in the back is unreal. Its a little too progressive as when you look down at the speedo you quickly stamp on the brakes to keep within the limit! The sound the engine makes is amazing and definitely doesn't sound like a diesel not one bit.

Will write a mini review on all aspects on what I like and dont like.

Jonjay whats the MPG like? i know you may not have had a decent enough trip to test it but what is expected from the 335d?
Mpg is sitting at around 32mpg at the moment and thats with spirited driving.

Jordanwaterhous

Motorsport > Scene
Sep 15, 2009
Leeds
www.facebook.com

Yeah BMW like putting misleading badges on cars haha!

They've really messed it up with the new 6 series! they do a 640 and a 650 at the moment, but the 640 is a 3.0 turbocharged petrol and the 650 is a 4.0 twin turbo V8 IIRC! Turbo's may be the other way round not 100%

that's as bad as the new AMG engine with 6.3 written on side and back but its actually a 6.2!

Dude

1st UK MK2 LCR on here
Dec 10, 2009
I really like these, and the fact a diesel can be so quick.

I test drove a coupe a while ago, and was very impressed.

Nice purchase :)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I done a little bit of BMW shopping today, pretty pleased with the outcome!

Official BMW Boot Matt

DSCF4504.JPG

BMW Performance Black Kidney Grills

I wasn't sure that the grill would suit the car as I don't really like black on black but really pleased with how it looks. Much more purposeful.

DSCF4505.JPG

DSCF4506.JPG

BMW Performance Pedals

DSCF4515.JPG

Official BMW M-Sport Key Ring

DSCF4518.JPG

Also the BMW Performance alacantra handbrake cover caught my eye so I have order this in also. Should be here in time for the weekend. :)

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I am finding things cost nearly 30-40% more than equivelant OEM mk1 leon parts did. The quality of these are top class so it softens the blow.

JordanMk3

WackyColouredWheelsFTW
Jan 18, 2010
Little Hulton, Manchester
Really like the black on black instead of the chrome.. IMO it looks a lot more sophisticated instead of the chrome in your face.. Love it mate!

But how big is that bloody key ring?

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Really like the black on black instead of the chrome.. IMO it looks a lot more sophisticated instead of the chrome in your face.. Love it mate!

But how big is that bloody key ring?
The more I look at the front the more I like it. Looks miles better.

Key ring is not that big lol. Just done a little zoom on it.

Nice car, but just not a fan of the BMW interior myself but the outside looks nice
Interior is nicer than pictures suggest. The build quality is in a different league. I do agree its a tad plain but I am sure when I add some BMW Performance Carbon trim in there things will look better.

grilles are a massive improvement .................. very nice car fella :)
Thanks mate :)

looking nice maz
new kidneys grills are much better , never been a fan of the chrome bling
i did mention on my rr about a new product called rhinogoo , thats seems really good
Cheers Andrew. Will have to look into that.

Bet it goes like stink, but it's a shame it's so bloody ugly lol
It does and its one of the better looking cars on the road imo :)

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
The kidney grills are a nice touch they certainly help to give it a more aggressive front end.

Having driven one of these myself within my job I can understand why you like it so much.
In terms of build quality Seat cannot even get close to BMW. I remember the one i briefly drove over to our bodyshop being just a much better all round package then my Leon.

Good luck with your updates and mods - Like you said i bet its hitting your wallet alot harder though!

Liam.

boabym

Feb 26, 2008
Springside
Nice purchase Maz. I was fortunate enough to visit BMW's engine plant in Steyr recently and viewed their assembly line for the six cylinder engine. Very impressive engineering and quality levels.

All the best with the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members