2011 Black Sapphire BMW 335D M Sport - CAR STOLEN YH11 HJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
BMW E91 320D Touring - Black - 1 Stage Paint Correction Detail

Detailed my good friend lm_gauci's 320D Touring Saturday gone. Really cold, really hard work but bloody worth it.

DSCF4579.JPG

Wirte-up here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3727470#post3727470

Reactions: D.K

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
Re your mpg figure, that should equate to almost spot on 30mpg.

Not a disaster considering mainly town a quick read elsewhere suggests a real world 33mpg on the move.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Re your mpg figure, that should equate to almost spot on 30mpg.

Not a disaster considering mainly town a quick read elsewhere suggests a real world 33mpg on the move.

Mpg has now risen to 33.4mpg. Not sure if it's driving style that's changed or now the car has had several tank fulls if premium deisel in her.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Future Plans

Remap - when the car is a year old I think I will definately be getting a remap. If I am honest with myself the car has plenty of performance so it doesnt really need it but you can always use more grunt right?

Idea of what the car can do stock (not my car but should achieve same result).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpVPsTkyQ1E

With a remap (I will be getting a special AMD remap).
http://youtu.be/Psu0ZXbSXuY

I will also be upgrading to the M3 strut brace to help cope with additional power.
17746_x600.jpg

And if I can save enough cash wouldn't mind some new wheels (maybe anti roll bars too)

Something like this:
attachment.php

Last edited:

JamJay

California Bound
Subscribed Maz, cracking plans for the car :). I agree that the BM's are superb out of the box, I can pretty much say that's it's on par with a 'sorted' Leon (minus LSD) right from the factory. In regard to Winter tyres, consider non-RFT's, many people prefer them and I'll be making the switch over on my new set of wheels this Summer. My plan is to run a new set of wheels with non-RFTs and then when I wish to sell the car, refit the OE wheels with their still good OE tyres so that the car is at its original spec.

Great spec on your car, it's weird how people spec these from the factory isn't it. I was never after and iDrive system so I passed on that but I wanted upgraded audio with iPod integration, heated seats, buetooth & saddle brown leather. I spent ages looking for the combo but I just couldn't find it, then I found my car but without heated seats which was a pain BUT, I smashed them down on the price to compensate & TBH, I haven't needed the seat warmers even in this cold spell so I guess I can let it go. I also have the Active Radar Cruise Control on mine, I haven't tried it out yet but that should be interesting.

Will you be at the next AMD RR day?

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Subscribed Maz, cracking plans for the car :). I agree that the BM's are superb out of the box, I can pretty much say that's it's on par with a 'sorted' Leon (minus LSD) right from the factory. In regard to Winter tyres, consider non-RFT's, many people prefer them and I'll be making the switch over on my new set of wheels this Summer. My plan is to run a new set of wheels with non-RFTs and then when I wish to sell the car, refit the OE wheels with their still good OE tyres so that the car is at its original spec.

Great spec on your car, it's weird how people spec these from the factory isn't it. I was never after and iDrive system so I passed on that but I wanted upgraded audio with iPod integration, heated seats, buetooth & saddle brown leather. I spent ages looking for the combo but I just couldn't find it, then I found my car but without heated seats which was a pain BUT, I smashed them down on the price to compensate & TBH, I haven't needed the seat warmers even in this cold spell so I guess I can let it go. I also have the Active Radar Cruise Control on mine, I haven't tried it out yet but that should be interesting.

Will you be at the next AMD RR day?
Thanks Jay. Definitely great out of the box! so much so that when I think about potentially doing things I am really considering whether I am actually going to ruin the handling rather than improve it. I will go with an M3 strut brace and then carefully consider what else I am going to do handling wise. Definitely will not be touching the suspension as the M-Sport LCI models already have uprated dampers and springs from Bilstein that perfectly complement the runflats. This is one of the reasons why I will be sticking with runflats because BMW ironed out the issue with harsh ride so by putting on non-rfts it makes handling wooly.

Yea really please with the specification. I wish I had the uprated speakers but then again its not a bad audio system to start with.

I will be at AmD and it should be an interesting summer. :)

JamJay

California Bound
Thanks Jay. Definitely great out of the box! so much so that when I think about potentially doing things I am really considering whether I am actually going to ruin the handling rather than improve it. I will go with an M3 strut brace and then carefully consider what else I am going to do handling wise. Definitely will not be touching the suspension as the M-Sport LCI models already have uprated dampers and springs from Bilstein that perfectly complement the runflats. This is one of the reasons why I will be sticking with runflats because BMW ironed out the issue with harsh ride so by putting on non-rfts it makes handling wooly.

Yea really please with the specification. I wish I had the uprated speakers but then again its not a bad audio system to start with.

I will be at AmD and it should be an interesting summer. :)

If you're happy then that's all that matters :). I too have the Bilstein kit but those RFT's aren't the grippiest (albeit still very good) which is why I want rid of them. In respect to suspension, lowering springs seem to be a popular choice for reducing roll and aiding looks seeing as the dampers are already uprated but for peace of mind I want to take mine out and presevere the OE kit for sale time, I'll put the stress on some H&R's which get great reviews. As for ARB's don't touch the front, the car is apparently balanced to give understeer and beefing up the front one will only make that worse. RARB is not recommended unless an LSD is fitted, then I guess you could think about the FARB but then you're talking track sl@g and for me isn't what my car is all about.

Just some stuff I've learnt while researching but I'm sure we'll both become BMW tuning veterans soon enough ;).

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Rolling Road

I was at the AmD RR day today and decided to put the car on the rollers to see what she is pumping out in her standard form. Gives me a good idea if the car is running sweet or you never know lower figures than she should be putting out.

I am please to say she put out 289BHP and 406lb/ft. Ok slightly lower torque than the book figure suggests but this could either be dyno lottery or wheel spin when turbos kick in. The power curve is awesome...the torque curve is virtually flat!

AMDRR04-03-2012.JPG

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Well after going in S3 AKR's e90 M3 it's given me the bug big-time. I know what is now needed.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
My cousin is a BMW tech at Ashford might be useful for ya mate as he can do private jobs and still stamp books might save ya some money

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Car has been stolen off my drive! If anyone see's YH11 HJD Black BMW 335d please contact me.

Last edited:

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
WHAT, NOOOOO! :cry:

Realy sorry to hear this, Maz. Will keep my eye's peeled incase up finds its way up here.

ben450

Feb 17, 2012
London
Im gutted sorry to here this mate hope the thieving scum bags get there balls ripped off climbing over a barbed wire fence :censored:[:@]:censored:[:@]

JamJay

California Bound
Jesus Maz, Really sorry to hear this. I was only just reading a post this morning regarding how theives are targetting the 3er lately. Apparently it's done by jamming the alarm and remotely coding a blank key to your door locks somehow, they then sit in your car and code the whole car to their blank key via the OBD port, then simply drive away...no alarm or alert that your pride and joy is going. BMW aren't admitting short comings in the security, claiming it meets regulations and is encrypted however there is a shortfall somewhere! I'm getting rather nervous about mine but it's locked behind big gates so pray they are a deterrant. I won't park it anywhere else mind you, not unless I opt for Clifford Black Jack but apparently that still goes through the CANBUS and can be disabled too. Only thing for it is a tracker and bolting the car behind something.

I hope the insurance company have been compliant today, fight hard for a good payout!!!

Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks.

Whole thing makes me sick. Just don't know what to do going forward. Not sure I want to get another BMW knowing it can be taken so easily.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
This is becoming really common. Seems the scumbags use clever software to bypass the security system and ecu. Only bmws being targeted.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members