2011 Black Sapphire BMW 335D M Sport - CAR STOLEN YH11 HJD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamJay

California Bound
It isn't just BMW's going, high end Audi's too, TTS and TTRS seem favourite at the moment but I'm not sure if they are using the same procedure. This can probably be done on any modern car but of course the high end ones fetch more.

Maz, contact BMW and make them aware, it might be as simple as a software update to fix the problem.

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
Sorry to hear that maz, cant imagine how you must feel. Gutted for you mate :(

There is a clearly a security issue if its that easily to take. I'm not sure if i'd even want to back after it had been stolen, hope you get a happy ending to this fiasco.

Keep us updating fella. :(

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Gutted for you! I always wondered can these not be tracked? Yours looks to have satnav etc. It has the BMW SOS button on the roof? Which when pressed BMW can see your location, start the car etc, can they not?

We have a 335D with these features, so you would like to think BMW could track the car, even if it doesn't have a separate tracker fitted :-S

Last edited:

rosshutchie

Jul 25, 2011
Last edited:

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thanks for the information I am at BMW now. Will raise this with them.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thank you, never thought it would happen to me but what a smack in the face. No signs of forced entry, both the keys are with me...if the car was picked up it would have made a lot of noise which definitely would have woken me up. Quite clear that somehow they gained entry into the car and started it with a laptop or whatever technology they had with them. I have raised the issue with the Sytner dealer I bought the car from and to be fair they were quite supportive. I called BMW and told them off issue, they said they would get a manager call me back and give me the escalation process. I feel this will do no good but if enough people raise it then you never know.

Interesting that a high profile footballer had same thing happen to him at same time as me...shows BMWs are targeted and they have found a way to easily steal them.

What should I do, not buy another BMW for fear it wlll go just like the last one. Funny that this was my first Beemer and it may be my last.

Andrewcupra TDI

Resident Desk Jockey
Apr 30, 2008
in the mountains ( Wales )
feck sakes , gutted for you maz

as for the post about trackers, these are easily bypassed also, something that plugs into your fag lighter and then jamms the gps signals , someone posted on scn about 3years ago about them and it was about £20 then!!

theres also hearsay about dodgy people working at dealers who get coded keys sorted for the right money

i think an aftermarket alarm , thats not controlled via the obd port and a wheel clamp on each wheel while sleeping in the car is something but then your in the held at gunpoint league then

i hope they crash and tople their car in a river then drown the thieving ba$terds

Dan1720v

Feb 28, 2010
Street, Somerset
theres also hearsay about dodgy people working at dealers who get coded keys sorted for the right money

Its all about who you know. I know I can get keys precoded and cut for any VAG group car, but, its then the responsibilty of the person to use their priviledges sensibly. I know i would never have the bollocks to nick anything.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Lee - It seems to be a real issue. Pistonheads has loads of threads on the issue as well as other BMW forums.

Both my friends are saying stick with BMW and dont let the thieves beat you but if they are real easy to nick then what happens after a second time? Give up I suppose...

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
Lee - It seems to be a real issue. Pistonheads has loads of threads on the issue as well as other BMW forums.

Both my friends are saying stick with BMW and dont let the thieves beat you but if they are real easy to nick then what happens after a second time? Give up I suppose...

Get yourself a decent steering wheel lock, i always have one fitted to mine to make it hard as possible to steal. there laptop software might start the car but there not getting far with a meaty steering wheel lock fitted.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Get yourself a decent steering wheel lock, i always have one fitted to mine to make it hard as possible to steal. there laptop software might start the car but there not getting far with a meaty steering wheel lock fitted.

I don't think there is any steering wheel lock out there that will stop the serious scummer from nicking your car, I've seen programmes which show them cracking these things within seconds, imo not worth spending money on, better spent on a pit bull.

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
I don't think there is any steering wheel lock out there that will stop the serious scummer from nicking your car, I've seen programmes which show them cracking these things within seconds, imo not worth spending money on, better spent on a pit bull.

The way i see it is its more of a deterant, i know they can be broken off failry easy but its time and hassle for them, if your car has one and the same car down the road doesn't chances are there going to go for the easiest .

Last edited:

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
I know what you're saying and yeah to some (probably more petty crims) it would be enough to deter, but I think the time it takes the hardcore to crack them it's probably not enough of a deterrant, especially if it's a top end motor.

Jan 14, 2005
Cannock/Wolvo
I know what you're saying and yeah to some (probably more petty crims) it would be enough to deter, but I think the time it takes the hardcore to crack them it's probably not enough of a deterrant, especially if it's a top end motor.

Yeah if they want it they will have it at the end of the day, i supose its better for the car to be taken wihout you knowing than waking up with a gun/knife pointed at your for the keys.

tyrer

OEM
Jun 6, 2010
Mate this sickens me, after being on the receiving end 3 years ago I know what your thinking over cars - is it worth another one, will they come back etc etc.

You can be told 100x over not to let them beat you but unless you have had this happen it's hard to understand how u feel.

Whatever you do good luck, I hope they crash into a river and don't get out.

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Yeah if they want it they will have it at the end of the day, i supose its better for the car to be taken wihout you knowing than waking up with a gun/knife pointed at your for the keys.

Absolutely!

Shocking news though and worryingly seems to be getting more common, seems to be every couple of weeks I see a thread on here with someone else who's lost their motor to thieves.

What with the spiralling costs of owning a car it really does make you wonder why you work so hard for nice things just to have them taken away.

Every now and then I think about what car I'd like after I get rid of my Ibiza, I start thinking I'd really like an Evo 6 for a short term or a Toyota Supra maybe, then I just think that it's another one of those cars that will be targetted more by these scumbags and puts me off the idea, I just don't want the hassle.

Bad times :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members