2011 Leon Mk3

dkaric

Mar 19, 2008
Croatia
What do you think, will mk3 leon also have a crappy soundproofing as the current one? Plasticky interior?
VW is pulling the strings, and they don't want an equal-quality but cheaper golf competitor... I guess they'll find the way to *uck it up :(

SeanCorky

BMW E92 335i M Sport
Sep 4, 2008
Liverpool
Are we all sure were not mistaking the IBX for the IBE?

And although it may be an inferior forum to SCN, im going to listen to these http://www.autocar.co.uk/forums/t/17796.aspx tbh ;)

Yeah i definitely mean the IBX ;)

I was reading between the lines of what someone from SEAT UK has said, which another magazine (may have been TopGear) said aswell.

I think i read this somewhere because SEAT are building the Q1 they already have the barebones to start from if they're to make the IBX (which they probably wont anyway ha)

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
Anyone seen the latest issue of Auto express? They've done their usual photoshop of what they expect the car to look like. *spew*

DSdp2J82.jpg

Last edited:

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
The lights look wrong especially the rear to angular and too small. I reckon though that is not too far off the mark from other pics/mock ups I have seen. Just needs slightly softer lines but then it may grow on you.........

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
AutoBild have said today that the Leon will be shown at Frankfurt in September this year, whether as a pre-production prototype or as a launch model is as yet unknown.

Whatever surfaces I'm still thinking that it will be a spring/summer 2012 UK launch, Cupra's expect to add on a further 12 months so 2013 unless they decide its an important launch model.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
AutoBild have said today that the Leon will be shown at Frankfurt in September this year, whether as a pre-production prototype or as a launch model is as yet unknown.

Whatever surfaces I'm still thinking that it will be a spring/summer 2012 UK launch, Cupra's expect to add on a further 12 months so 2013 unless they decide its an important launch model.

Whatcar said that the Leon will preview at Frankfurt in September this year as well.

C_ED_99

Jan 27, 2010

The Cupra is an important model... I was reading an article in autotrader (I think) about leons, and the sportier models made up a major part of the sales (think it was getting on for 50%), and they blamed the later launch of the hotter models for Seat losing momentum against other manufacturers.

Of course god knows what management/politics will dictate.

renegade_si

too angular - the roundness of the Mk2 is much better - bet the tech is great though!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.