2011 Leon Mk3

Leonidas

09042010401.jpg

Jedimaster65

Searching for a clear lap
Aug 13, 2007
Cheshire
OMG ! I think it looks bloody awful to be honest... like a Vauxhall.

Where is the beauty ? Leon P1 really has an original shape with unusual complex curves...that just looks like an origami version ! :(

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Am I looking at the new BMW series 1 prototype? :doh:

Nope MKII 1 Series looks nicer than that TBH. Proportions look wrong as well but in the end is just a photo shop looks more like the proposed Leon Coupe than the 5 door MKIII Leon? I think a more striaght edge MKII with a front end similar to the latest Ibiza but more grown up IMO for the next gen Leon.

rikwandi

Mar 9, 2010
The Hague, Holland
Nope MKII 1 Series looks nicer than that TBH. Proportions look wrong as well but in the end is just a photo shop looks more like the proposed Leon Coupe than the 5 door MKIII Leon? I think a more striaght edge MKII with a front end similar to the latest Ibiza but more grown up IMO for the next gen Leon.

Yup, well, I was just looking at the straight line on the side upfront to the end which looks similarly with the bmw series 1 concept. But I think you're right, this suits more as a new proposed Leon Coupe instead as the new gen for MK.

09042010401.jpg

2011-bmw-1-series1.jpg

bmw-concept-1-series-4.jpg

Leonidas

SEAT_Leon_Cupra_big.jpg

SEAT_Leon_schultefram_big.jpg

SEAT_Leon_schultebak_big.jpg

Im startin to like that shape, but I just cant see it lookin like this....

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
Yup, well, I was just looking at the straight line on the side upfront to the end which looks similarly with the bmw series 1 concept. But I think you're right, this suits more as a new proposed Leon Coupe instead as the new gen for MK.

I see what you mena now. Lates 1 Series pics are below. Should be a cracker as long as they give it a bigger interior and more boot spoac as that was the reaon we moved away after three of them. MKIII Leon also looks great and wife still thinks our FR is slightly better than our last 1 Series. Me I put them about the same as they both have strengths and weaknesses :D

Leon seems to be attracting more kudos and buyers with all the recent price hikes Autoexpress compared it with the Golf GTD and the Leon came tops. Golf was the slightly better car overall but not £4700 better!!!

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/grouptests/250825/hothatch_diesels_headtohead.html

new-bmw-1series.jpg

cgi-2011-bmw-1-series-5-door-7765_2.jpg

Thorgen

Spectacularly good looking if it looks like that shown in Briano's pictures.

Paul_W

Jul 23, 2006
Rutland
I've not seen any pictures in this thread that really makes me think "wow" at first glance like the current VW Scirocco does. Just a shame it's so damn expensive

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.