2012 1.2 TSi yellow warning lights on

Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
My engine management light popped on so I disconnected the battery to see if it would reset. I now have an array of yellow warning lights as well as the EML. The ESC, steering system and tyre pressure have all joined the party! Am assuming disconnecting the battery wasn't a good idea. These are on permanently.
It was booked in for the EML but just a bit concerned that it's ok to drive to garage.
Thoughts?
Thanks
John newbie

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi, the steering system and tyre pressure lights always come on after you disconnect the battery. Drive it around the block and they should go out.

Reactions: John Brown
Apr 9, 2019
Hi, the steering system and tyre pressure lights always come on after you disconnect the battery. Drive it around the block and they should go out.
Thanks for that and just like that they have disappeared :) Just the EML to sort as no idea what's tripped it as car runs fine.
Had a Saab for 12 years and disconnecting the battery usually cured a lot of things except the serious ones that were going to cost.
Was hoping to get something a bit pokier here but the cost of 2nd hand motors in Spain is unbelievable. Thought best to stick to a popular make and on the whole pleased with this copa. Pretty economical but I do miss the grunt of my Viggen but not the bills.
Thanks again

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Thanks for that and just like that they have disappeared :) Just the EML to sort as no idea what's tripped it as car runs fine.

Yeah, if the EML comes back on then it's detected the fault straight away. It'll need to be scanned for codes to find out why. Often a garage will do the same thing and clear all codes to see which come back. When I first scanned my car I panicked cause I had loads of codes. But then realised some were from when it left the factory 8 years ago.

Apr 9, 2019
Yeah, if the EML comes back on then it's detected the fault straight away. It'll need to be scanned for codes to find out why. Often a garage will do the same thing and clear all codes to see which come back. When I first scanned my car I panicked cause I had loads of codes. But then realised some were from when it left the factory 8 years ago.
All fixed. it was a nick in a pipe ...am assuming vacuum leak and fixed foc.. I noticed it used to flutter under acceleration in 3rd before but thought nothing of it. Anyhow that doesn't happen any more.
Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: Legojon
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.