Clanfield, UK
Quick side by side
main.php

main.php

Gallery of the pics is uploaded now the embargo is well broken

http://www.seatcupra.net/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=48813

toathus

Feb 26, 2012
Old one looks far better from those pictures. Not an entirely fair comparison mind as it's comparing a photo to a render.

Nevertheless the new Cupra doesn't look that great. I actually like the facelift Ibiza but in Cupra form it looks just like an FR!?

The slots under the grill make it look like it's got a moustache and the lower grill gives the impression of a higher bonnet line similar to that on the Citroen DS3. DS3's look OK untill you park it next to a bigger hatch such as a Golf or Astra, then it just looks bloated and built around pedestrian safety

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
Still not a fan of any of the new facelift models. My opinion will only change when I see it driving around, say, next to me.

Lets see if it really will be that low :cartman:

Apr 9, 2009
Finally saw the facelift model in the flesh today and i still don't quite like the front end, the shape is to sterile for my liking, and i totally forgot how high these cars are at standard lol

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Had a look round this today:

0f80b8db.jpg

http://www.*******.co.uk/new-car-sales/Seat/353/Seat-Ibiza-SC-SE-SPORT.html

Came away a bit unimpressed. From the rear it looked more or less the same except for the aero wiper, and the front end is smart but isn't that much of an improvement without the xenons. Interior is nicer but given the drop in equipment it now feels more basic, my early SE has loads more kit.

Don't think I'd buy one, if I get another Ibiza it'd be a 11MY sportrider TSI or TDi.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Was an FR at LC Charles when I went the other week, look absolutely awful imo. Glad I didn't wait for a facelift Cupra to get one!!!!!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
Got a facelift ST 1.6 TDi SE as a courtesy car today. Compared to my old man's 2008 SE, it's nicer inside and the quality of the ride is much smoother. But equipment-wise, it does lack compared to the older car. Like the engine though, quite nippy round town and decent on the motorway. £30 annual roadtax surprised me as well! But £16k is a lot of money for something like this.

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
I still can't believe the prices, my 1.6 TDI Sport was only £12,250 in 2010, it was a factory order with bluetooth, climate control, cruise control, combined usb/aux, auto dimming rear mirror, auto wipers, rear parking sensors, and folding mirrors. Fair enough I got it under the scrappage, but even without it that would be £14,250 still £2k cheaper than a facelift model and much better spec.

And thats not even including the fact the I have a height adjustable passenger seat, rear middle headrest, full size spare wheel, and rear speakers!

Unless the mk3 Leon is something very special, I really can't see my next car being a SEAT.

Last edited:

Bobanegra

Oct 15, 2010
Stirling
The prices of Ibizas have steadily increased since the original Mk5 came to be.

When the Mk5 Cupra was launched in 2009 it was originally £15,995 with the Boc being £700 on top of that.

A brand new facelifted Mk5 FR (150PS TSi) is £15,875 with the 2.0 TDi FR coming in at £16,340. That by the way is priced with standard spec, 16" alloys, no xenons, nothing. What are we expecting the new Cupra to come in at? £16,995/£17,500?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.