2012 Facelift

BaldyDave

Mildly Deranged...
Aug 12, 2011
Central Belt Scotland
That's not a bad thing though. People would be p1ssed if the facelift made their current car look rubbish in comparison. Subtle changes. :)

Granted, subtle changes might be one way to go, however I don't think the changes are that subtle. The bold and dynamic front end of the current model have been replaced by something lacking character and flair. The more I look at the new model pictures, the less I like it....

It's almost as if Seat has got the model evolution the wrong way around! The facelift model looks like what the original model should have been, and the current model looks as if this would have been the facelift! :shrug:

Trying to keep an open mind and wait until I see a new Ibiza on the road...

altinnovation

Feb 7, 2011
The new Ibiza looks like the current Kia Cee'd. I think it's definitely a step backwards.

seat-ibiza-clanok.jpg

2010-Kia-Ceed-5d-7.JPG

Last edited:

char_baby

Charlotte :)
Apr 26, 2010
Hampshire
The front end looks like they're going backwards towards this shape again

seat_ibiza_cupra_2006.jpg

Not a fan of it. Prefer the chunky front end.

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
if the front ends are going to be like that, i honestly cant see them doing a boc version, as i can imagine how they would do the lines of the black mouth.

i certainly wont be getting a new one if i change car in the near future.
Pre-faceliftis the way forward

Last edited:

markmeus

Mark Graham
Jun 9, 2007
Banbridge, Northern Ireland
It might be like the BTCC Leon, its still got the old shape grille etc, it didn't really change with the facelift apart from the interior, mirrors and rear window.

So the boc might retain its existing look - or be discontinued.

nightflight

May 18, 2009
Sheffield
The Boc was only ever a special edition so i suspect it'll be dropped now.
Haven't the facelifts always tended to go towards the aero-kit style?

adambolus

Apr 2, 2011
Ripley, Derbyshire
i dont think they will drop it tho, how can they when it sells more than the cupra does.
I would imagine they will find a way around it, maybe just tweak the boc bumpers for the facelift

J400uk

Jan 7, 2010
London, UK
Still, they've yet to confirm if the old 1.4 will be replaced by the new 1.2 TSI 85 nor have we seen any interior pictures or images of higher spec cars... so it could get better!