2012 Spec - Front Grill

12string

Rocker
Oct 5, 2006
Inverness
Got the new grill today and fitted it easily in a couple of minutes as Nath said.

They are in stock in UK now as I ordered mine Tuesday lunchtime and it was at Stealer Wednesday 10am ! I know the guy on parts and he did me the grill for £60 inc VAT, bargain.

SAM_0009.jpg

Huddie

May 13, 2004
glasgow
Agree that grill makes a big difference to the front end looks. So much so that I ordered one from W Livingston's on Friday and picked it up on the way home from work today. Went out and had a look at the fixings there and cant really figure out how to get the old grill out.

I know a few of the guys have said it is a 2 minute job so can you please give us a quick step by step guide and also what tools I might need? Cheers

mcdonald

In the picture below (ignore the red circles and numbers) you'll see 2 plastic rivets on top of the grille which you have to pull out. It's best to use 2 new ones for the new grille.

Further the grille is hold in place with 2 clips that are placed left and right just under the top corners. To unlock these clips carefully (it's all plastic) move the grille to the rigth or left and gently pull. The manual suggest to slide a small thin steel plate between the grille and the bumper to get these clips unlocked, but I didn't succeed with that.

If the rivets are out and the 2 clips are unlocked it should be possible to get the grille out by moving the top towards you.

Also have a look at the new grille because it tells you how the original is secured.

seat_exeo_luchtkanaal.jpg

12string

Rocker
Oct 5, 2006
Inverness
Huddie.

Follow the instructions McDonald posted and you shouldn't have any problems.
Use 2 flat head screwdrivers to remove the 2 plastic rivets, just lever them upwards. I re-used the originals.
I gave each side a strong pull towards the middle & towards me at same time which loosened the clip at each side then pull whole grille up once cleared of plastic top cover.

Hope you get on OK. Looks good when done.

Huddie

May 13, 2004
glasgow
Fitted the grille tonight and managed it in 10 minutes so thanks for the advise guys. Think my next mod will be to de-chrome the windows and grille. Only because the chrome my window surrounds look terrible. Will probably use some black insulating tape on them to see what it looks like before wrapping or spraying them.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
Fitted the grille tonight and managed it in 10 minutes so thanks for the advise guys. Think my next mod will be to de-chrome the windows and grille. Only because the chrome my window surrounds look terrible. Will probably use some black insulating tape on them to see what it looks like before wrapping or spraying them.

do we know if anyone has priced them up from audi, the black window surrounds that is? mine are getting a little scabby also.

Koops

Dec 19, 2007
Weymouth
Guys, my ST Lux has 'chrome' window surrounds, is 14 months old, done 20k miles and they look as good as new, as does the rest of the car including the silver paintwork...did you get sprayed by a gritting truck or something?

Huddie

May 13, 2004
glasgow
Koops, I only bought my exeo a week ago its a 59 plate (Nov 2009). First viewing and when i collected it I didn't notice the chrome looking shabby - Arnold Clark must have put something on it to make it less obvious. But halfway through last first week i noticed it didn't look too good. I spent a good few hours at the weekend trying in vain to buff it but apparently its a nothing works (see my thread on this). I think my black exeo will look good with Matt black wrapped window and grille surround - almost like the 2007-2008 A4 B7 special edition...

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
Now this looks cool.

20111101151352sin.jpg

They've done something with the lower middle of the bumper and it looks a bit like a Leon Cupra.

Love those lights, I'm thinking of going for another Exeo next time in white.

I am getting an Exeo soon! But it looks so much better with the sport bumper spoiler £517 3R0071060A

Excuse my ignorance but how the f*** would I fit it? Take it to the stealers?

I am also going to get the honeycomb grille so thanks for the pics and assembly instructions! :)

Dillinja

Throbbing Member
May 16, 2003
Beds
Visit site
By removing the screws.

Think its 2 screws in each wheel housing, 3 screws securing it to the bottom plate and a few at the top. Might have to remove the grille also.

Thanks. I will give it a go at the same time as the Grille then. My neighbour I am friendly with builds track cars in his garage so he can help me if need be!

Getting very "cited" about the Exeo now. I will post up some pics and create a "progress thread" when I get it.

12string

Rocker
Oct 5, 2006
Inverness
Koops, I only bought my exeo a week ago its a 59 plate (Nov 2009). First viewing and when i collected it I didn't notice the chrome looking shabby - Arnold Clark must have put something on it to make it less obvious. But halfway through last first week i noticed it didn't look too good. I spent a good few hours at the weekend trying in vain to buff it but apparently its a nothing works (see my thread on this). I think my black exeo will look good with Matt black wrapped window and grille surround - almost like the 2007-2008 A4 B7 special edition...

Any progress on getting chrome trim wrapped or replaced with Audi parts.
Thinking of getting a local firm to do a matt black vinyl wrap on mine if price isn't extortionate as I am not a big fan of chrome trim.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I can't believe that nobody wants an Exeo 2012 honecomb grille from ebay.

Are you lot all skint or what?

I can understand nobody wants the skuttle covers or the carpet mats but the grille is a cracking mod.

Oh well, in the skip it goes then....................................

carldavies13

Jun 28, 2011
I can't believe that nobody wants an Exeo 2012 honecomb grille from ebay.

Are you lot all skint or what?

I can understand nobody wants the skuttle covers or the carpet mats but the grille is a cracking mod.

Oh well, in the skip it goes then....................................

skuttle covers??? directions please!!! still on flea bay?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
14 months later I have eventually found a buyer for the skuttle covers etc. I can't believe how hard it was to get rid of my old Exeo mods. :(

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.