2012MY with Bi Xenons - headlamps melting

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
It is and isn't that simple, it is also to do with visable light, and radiation, yes they do give out more light but from my experience they do run hot and burn the defectors, also the glass some acts as a big heatsink,

Either way mine were melting when they shouldn't be

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Washed the car last weekend... The headlights have had about 2 hours use total in a week... And there is a shiney patch starting again already!

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Mine have a line which doesn't seem to be getting worse yet... But it's early days. The local dealer has an un registered one on the forecourt and that has the same line as mine too... It's not easy to see in bright light but once it gets bigger its easier to see..

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Washed mine yesterday and it doesn't appear any worse, just the shines line I had after a couple of hours use, so I will keep an eye on its progress over the winter

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
I'll check mine again at the weekend when I wash it, but last time I looked the initial small amount of melting hadn't got any worse, which I can live with

Dave_

Jul 7, 2011
Hertfordshire
With all the crap weather we've had recently, my headlights have been on more often than not.

Strange - maybe they were aware of an issue and changed something?

minicity

Thought I'd add mine here. Sister car to M7R's pictures to follow.

Pentagon Seat took photos this morning but will probably need a visit for them to fill everything Seat need for warranty out.

Their 62 plate saloon was just starting to show signs on one lamp too.

minicity

Didn't get a chance to update, got told on Thursday that warranty claim has been refused.

Awaiting a callback from SEAT Customer Care, which I should be getting today.

minicity

Bit of an update...

Feel like SEAT UK are messing me about. Spoke with them on Tuesday. Told Warranty decisions are down to the dealer so nothing they could do.

Then that it was fair wear and tear.

Then that they'd not heard of it happening on any others. M7R's proves this is clearly rubbish.

Ultimately tried to imply that the dealers advice to ring them was incorrect. When pressed on who I complained to about the dealer messing me about suddenly wanted to help again.

Meant to have come back to me yesterday and apparently on a call today and ringing me back this afternoon. I won't be holding my breath.

Shame the poor customer service is letting a great car down...

minicity

Latest update...

After a bit of twoing and froing with SEAT head office (less said the better!) I've got someone really helpful looking into it for me and apparently warranty are reviewing the situation again.

Once I've got an answer once and for all from SEAT I'll stick some pictures of mine up.

minicity

To keep updating this, looking more promising from a warranty point of view now, can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel (excuse the rubbish pun!)

There must however be more 2012 Xenons out there doing this though? Even if it's just the other cars around mine and M7R's on the production line!

simonex

Hello everyone, I write from Italy.
I have an EXEO ST sport with the same problem, left headlight looks more damaged.:shrug: The car is registered in July 2012, it has about 30K kilometers ....

I bought the car in July of this year, and from when I realized the problem, it does not seem to be much increased

However I will consider the replacement of the headlights, before the term of warranty, despite read above that the new recur the same problem ...

Overall I'm very pleased with the car

Sorry for my english

Simone :)

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Hello everyone, I write from Italy.
I have an EXEO ST sport with the same problem, left headlight looks more damaged.:shrug: The car is registered in July 2012, it has about 30K kilometers ....

I bought the car in July of this year, and from when I realized the problem, it does not seem to be much increased

However I will consider the replacement of the headlights, before the term of warranty, despite read above that the new recur the same problem ...

Overall I'm very pleased with the car

Sorry for my english

Simone :)

Don't be sorry. Your English is much better than some English people on here.

simonex

Thank you.:)

As soon as I can, i post some pictures of the car and the headlights.

I want to ask minicity and M7R and other who had the problem: how much you use the xenon low beam?
I use them very little, because I do not travel much in the evening. I always use DRL, but even so the problem appeared. Maybe it is not the heat produced by the xenon lamps, but that of the LEDs below!?:blink:

Simone

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.