2012MY with Bi Xenons - headlamps melting

minicity

Hi Simone,

DRL's are always on on mine, Xenon's set to Auto with occasional night driving during the English 'summer'

To update the thread as well apparently my car should be booked in soon for a 'goodwill' replacement of the headlights, so looks like SEAT are denying there is an actual issue!

minicity

The saga continues. Got a call on Friday to update me on why the car hadn't been booked in yet. Apparently its a warranty job again now! Head lights might be replaced by Christmas!

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
I'd like to know this too, am going to sign paperwork for my 2012 Sport Tech this saturday, not picking it up until the saturday after but whilst I'm there I'm going to have a good look around the car, take some pics and have a good play with everything.

taffybloke

Oct 21, 2013
West Wales
The thing I was not happy about was that there are no heated seats in mine although the screen advert listed them but the sport tech has not got them. apart from that love it

Mike

minicity

Nothing when I brought mine with nearly 8000 on the clock in May of this year, noticeable at around 13,000 after a summer of occasional nighttime use.

FYI Taffybloke, my Sport Tech has heated seats, they are an option though.

taffybloke

Oct 21, 2013
West Wales
Thanks minicity I will keep an eye on the lights. Dealer blurb said the 2 St's they had were fitted with heated seats but neither had them fitted. We then had a chat about the cars price :)

Mike

BenSBB

Jul 14, 2009
The thing I was not happy about was that there are no heated seats in mine although the screen advert listed them but the sport tech has not got them. apart from that love it

Mike

You need the "winter pack" option

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Yeah I do think considering the spec of the car, why oh why did they not stick in the heated seats, it's only a couple of heat pads and 2 switches!

minicity

And finally there is light at the end of the tunnel (excuse the poor pun!) Car is booked in for Thursday. Just waiting for SEAT UK to come good on their promise of a similar size and spec car as apology for the 2 months of messing around to get to this stage!

asonda

Nov 5, 2013
Ah I see.

Well I had a look at mine, the drivers side was completely fine, couldn't see anything. The passengers side did look as if it had a bit of something going on there, but was really minute....looked like lines more than bubbling.

minicity

Got it back this morning.

Needs a return visit to sort front bumper alignment. How the new lights are we'll see!

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Haha I took mine back for the front bumper to be tweaked (that was Bristol street motors in derby not chi pentagon where's yours was done Matt - was speaking to Barry today as Harvey went in for a service)

Mine were melted after 3 month and 7k miles, the car was registered in March so much have done a fair bit of night driving to rack up the miles)

Replacement lamps been in a year and so far got one tiny bit, and never got any worse, done a mix of day and night driving, plus as lights are on auto are on in day too when weathers poo)

minicity

Pentagon Karl, did Barry have anything interesting to say?

How bad was the alignment on yours? When I booked it back in they started talking about one of the wings having been sprayed so I think I know what excuse is coming when it goes back on Thursday!

Last edited by a moderator:

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
Barry just said he had a bit of a fight, with one min seat saying good will for part of the cost, then full warranty, then good will... And so on.

Mine wasn't too bad but you could tell the bumper had been off as the bumper to wing wasn't quite flush.

The fitter tried blaming mine on it having hit a big bird as he found a feather behind the bumper... I went to see my car at Bristol street motors the day it was delivered before it was pdi checked, and I pointed out the small hole in the middle of the lower grill.. There was no rad damage so I know it was only a small bird, right in the middle of the grill.

They got the bumper back on right in the end though,

minicity

Sounds about right! :) Apart from the who had to fight bit!!

Mines lined up really badly on the passenger side and the drivers side clearly doesn't line up right either as I'm getting dirt build up either where the airflow is wrong or it's seeping through the join.

As far as I understand the paintwork was for stone chips so it can't be accident damage, I think it's just attention to detail when they put them back on!

Last edited by a moderator:

minicity

Saga continues... appears one of the replacement lamps has sprung a leak. Got a nice water stain on the inside!

Back onto CS in the morning

Very fed up of this now!

M7R

Nerd...
Mar 27, 2008
Nottingjam
How big a stain? When ours were fitted they had condensation but after a day it cleared and never came back.

Expect a fight though as with the mk1 Leon they were prone to water and seat wouldn't cover anything.. Dealers had to find their own fixes... Either drilling extra vent holes or leaving the backs off... Neither is right as they allow dirt into the lamp which will effect its photometric performance.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise