2014 Leon 1.4 ACT Tsi FR 150 Eco Mode Noise

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
Hi Everyone,

I currently own a 'from new' 2014 Leon FR 150 1.4 tsi purchased in Sept 2014 and for the last 6 months seem to have a noise problem with the ACT system - when in Eco mode there seems to be a very loud rattle coming from the front of the car.

I have contacted my local Seat dealer and they first thought the noise was coming from the high pressure pump so they changed that, but it didn't solve the issue. I have now discovered the noise only starts once the Eco light comes on and then stops once the Eco light goes off - so it only happens when in 2 cylinder mode.

The mechanic at our local dealer knew of a similar noise that effected the Audi 1.4 act engine and they released a software fix to stop the noise which worked on their cars. The tech team at Seat told my local mechanic to apply the software update to my Leon and it seemed to fix the noise for 2 days but the noise is now back??? They now say it may be a common noise across the range and if so I will have to live with the noise :censored: ?

Do any other Leon owners with the 1.4 tsi 150 engine have a similar noise?

Thanks for any info you have on this
Cheers, Craig

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
I have uploaded a clip to you tube you can hear the noise between 25-26 seconds and 32 -37 thats when the car is in eco mode

Cant give a link to the clip due to not post 15 times but if you go to you tube and search for FOKTGLXlBnI that is the clip I have just uploaded.

KenTT

What vantage point did you take that recording from?

It sounds as though you took it from under the bonnet.

The ACT's engine (cam noise) is marginally noisier than the older 140PS 1.4 none ACT when listening with the bonnet up.

Last edited:

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
The noise is only there when you are driving and the car goes into Eco mode would a sound clip of the engine running with the car stationary be of any benefit ?

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
I have uploaded a second clip with the camera attached to the drivers door, The noise can be heard 8-11 seconds and 19 -28 seconds until I accelerate out of Eco mode

Clip can be found if you search for H1kH566WXzY

Craig

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
How loud is it with your window up? I can hear mine faintly, if I put the window down it's louder definitely and a similar sound. Not so loud as yours though.

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
How loud is it with your window up? I can hear mine faintly, if I put the window down it's louder definitely and a similar sound. Not so loud as yours though.

Can still hear it with the window up only way I can get rid of the noise is to listen to music :cry:

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
Dealer is going to take the car in and investigate and they say I wont get the car back until it is fixed:happy:

I asked for a Leon Cupra 280 as a courtesy car but I don't think that will happen :rofl:

Last edited: