2014 Leon 1.4 ACT Tsi FR 150 Eco Mode Noise

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
The local dealership took the car back in on Tue 1st Sept and I was told yesterday that they will be fitting a new Turbo so fingers crossed that will sort it.

mrbugle

Jun 25, 2015
Just to remind me, can you hear it with the windows up?

I can hear mine when my window is down but only if there are houses or a tunnel etc to echo the noise..

Craigm

Aug 19, 2015
Suffolk
Got the car back with new turbo fitted but still not fixed, So called down to dealership and bumped in to the sales Manager one thing led to another and we pick up a new Cupra 280 in the morning :-o

Couldn't be happier

Jun 18, 2019
Sorry to bump an old thread but wanted to update this incase someone else like me has a 1.4tfsi engine with a strange noise / ticking when in ECO mode. (kinda like a cinema projector. frrrrrrrr or trrrrrrr).The issue is the Turbo Actuator.(the internal rod vibrates in 2 cyclinder mode). Not
necessarily the linkage. Replacing the Turbo 'should' of fixed it, thats if they did replace the turbo as the actuator comes with the turbo. it is not injectors working harder or anything like that. You can hear a click when 2 cyclinder kicks in and out but that should be it. I had my turbo replaced and cured this issue.

Sep 16, 2023
Orpington
Hi @Craigm - was your issue fixed? Confirmed as the turbo actuator?
I purchased my Leon a month ago and have this exact issue (ticking/old cine sounds at low speeds when Eco kicks in).
Thanks

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members