2014 Seat Ibiza Cupra TSI 180 bhp better headlights/bulbs?poor night vison

dadys

Dec 1, 2018
Hi All
I was wondering if I can get some help please?
I've recently purchased a 2014 Seat Ibiza Cupra TSI 180 bhp and coming from Volkswagen Golf R32 I have found the headlights on the Cupra absolute rubbish in comparison with my Xenon headlights on my old R32.
I was wondering if you guys know any better headlights that can be purchased for the Cupra please, maybe xenon ?The LED lights on the Cupra are not good enough for night vision.
I need better light on the road at night, i have found the Seat Cupra headlight absolute rubbish, not bright and not clear enough for night vision, especially at night in poor weather conditions.
Please can you help with suggestions, opinions and any other positive comments please?
I look forward to your responses.
Thank you all for your help in advance.

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
The dual headlamps on the '15 TOCA are pretty good even with standard bulbs. Add some nIghtbreakers or similar and they'd be great.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
When you turn your headlights on, do they start yellow, then gets very blue, then after 30 secs or so, settle with a white colour? I thought all Cupras 1.4TSI 180 onwards came with D1S bi-Xenon headlights? I just think after 4-5 years, it may be getting dimmer and duller, and perhaps a bit purple. Are yours like these below? I have this same setup on my car, I find it very nice and bright enough (but still dimmer than some Mercs and Prius and Audi's with LED headlights), though I only had it for 2 years and 11k miles on car. Not sure which bulb is inside, assuming regular Philips/Osram D1s Bi-Xenon. If so, you can replace it with Osram Cool Blue Intense or NightBreaker Unlimited D1S. They should be around the £70 mark for 2 from amzon. You may need a garage to help you fit them.

upload_2018-12-3_10-43-58.jpeg

dadys

Dec 1, 2018
Hi. Thank you so much for your help.
I have just noticed that my Led daytime running lights have stopped working.
I have taken a few pictures, please let me know your thoughts
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-045952.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-045952.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 205

dadys

Dec 1, 2018
As you can see in the pics, my bottom daytime running lights are different than yours?
And my daytime running lights have stopped working now, think they're gone and need new ones too

dadys

Dec 1, 2018
Please see another picture. Headlights and daytime running lights.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181204-050252.jpg
    Screenshot_20181204-050252.jpg
    1,014.6 KB · Views: 140

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
_MG_9677_resized.jpg

Yes, this is my car, it's not a Cupra, but it has Bi-xenons. The bottom lights are fog lights, they are H8 (I think) bulbs, and one side is easy to change, the other side is a pain in the a**. It's unlikely they would have both fused at the same time, (did you check the fuse box?) assuming that when you have the headlights on (side lights or dipped beam) you are aware that you need to pull the headlight device up towards you?

The L shape lights are the day time running lights, and the bulbs on the main headlights are D1S.

Your xenon headlights look fine and still have plenty of life left...have you cleaned your headlights (give them a wipe with a sponge and dry with microfibre with some mild screenwash)...this can really hinder brightness.

I now also have a Volvo V40, and those LED headlights are waay brighter, but I wouldn't say the Ibiza's xenons are dim by any means...

JonnyH

Feb 26, 2017
Try putting carrots in the lenses I hear carrots are good for seeing in the dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadys

Dec 1, 2018
View attachment 3155

Yes, this is my car, it's not a Cupra, but it has Bi-xenons. The bottom lights are fog lights, they are H8 (I think) bulbs, and one side is easy to change, the other side is a pain in the a**. It's unlikely they would have both fused at the same time, (did you check the fuse box?) assuming that when you have the headlights on (side lights or dipped beam) you are aware that you need to pull the headlight device up towards you?

The L shape lights are the day time running lights, and the bulbs on the main headlights are D1S.

Your xenon headlights look fine and still have plenty of life left...have you cleaned your headlights (give them a wipe with a sponge and dry with microfibre with some mild screenwash)...this can really hinder brightness.

I now also have a Volvo V40, and those LED headlights are waay brighter, but I wouldn't say the Ibiza's xenons are dim by any means...
Thank yo so much for your help.Sorry for the late reply.been abroad.
I have been to Seat and they have told me that if i change the light bulbs might affect the warranty...not sure...I need to call Seat and find out.
Yes, I m aware that I need to pull up the button towards me..I still think they are not bright enough and Ill se what Seat have to say about this when I' ll call them.
Carrots are not very bright either..lol
Have a FantasticChristmas and A Very Bright and Prosperous Happy New Year Everybody!

Sep 13, 2019
The dual headlamps on the '15 TOCA are pretty good even with standard bulbs. Add some nIghtbreakers or similar and they'd be great.

Apologies for digging up an old thread, are the headlights the same on the '14 Toca? I'm trying to figure out whether to get H4 or H7 bulbs. My assumption is H7 for both dipped and main?
Just fitted Osram Nightbreakers to our other car which had factory bulbs, the difference is incredible. The other option is Phillips Racing Vision which guys on the VX forum are raving about.

KXL

KXL
Dec 15, 2016
London, UK
Apologies for digging up an old thread, are the headlights the same on the '14 Toca? I'm trying to figure out whether to get H4 or H7 bulbs. My assumption is H7 for both dipped and main?
Just fitted Osram Nightbreakers to our other car which had factory bulbs, the difference is incredible. The other option is Phillips Racing Vision which guys on the VX forum are raving about.

The higer spec Ibizas (and Cupras) have Bi-Xenon headlights (D1S). There shouldn't be any halogen bulb in the 55watt catergory brighter than Bi-xenons esp when they are new, after 5-7 years, Xenons will dim, and then, go purple, then pop!
Toca should be H7 high and dipped beam. My recommendation is to fit Phlilips Xtreme Vision +130s or Osram Nightbreakers on the dipped beam, and Racing Vision on the high beam. Or you can put Racing vision on dipped and expect to change bulbs very frequently, which is why I suggest them on highbeam only.

Reactions: Markot1989
Sep 13, 2019
The higer spec Ibizas (and Cupras) have Bi-Xenon headlights (D1S). There shouldn't be any halogen bulb in the 55watt catergory brighter than Bi-xenons esp when they are new, after 5-7 years, Xenons will dim, and then, go purple, then pop!
Toca should be H7 high and dipped beam. My recommendation is to fit Phlilips Xtreme Vision +130s or Osram Nightbreakers on the dipped beam, and Racing Vision on the high beam. Or you can put Racing vision on dipped and expect to change bulbs very frequently, which is why I suggest them on highbeam only.

Perfect, thank you very much for the advice! I drive with my lights on quite alot out of habit after spending alot of time over in Sweden, so bulb life is important!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.