2014 SEAT Leon FR 5dr Roof Bars

MattRichardson

Jul 23, 2014
Hi all,

I have got some dealer supplied roof bars on order for my 2014 SEAT Leon FR 5dr and basically what I am wanting to know is whether the dealer supplied kit is compatible with any of the Thule systems as I would like to buy the footpack and fixing kit so that I can use the new roof bar on my wife's 2012 Ibiza SC.

Anyone know what the score is?

I will be asking the dealer tomorrow but just wondered if anyone could answer my query tonight?

Cheers,

Matt

moriarty

Apr 6, 2015
Edinburgh
I know that this is quite an old thread but wondering if you found out if the system is Thule compatible. Sounds like it is?

Thanks

MattRichardson

Jul 23, 2014
Hi,

Yes, they are Thule compatible. They are actually Manfuactured by Thule but not branded up as so.

The ones I got were the Aero bars. All I needed to do was but the foot pack to make them fit the wife's Ibiza.

Cheers,

Matt

thefunkygibbon

Mk3 Leon Cupra 280
Jan 9, 2012
i got a weird screw hole on the underside of the top of the inside of my front doors (that was a mouthful).
is that where a roof rack is fitted onto? it's only the front doors though, none at the back so it kind makes me think its not rack related.
(if not, wtf is it?)

Last edited:

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
i got a weird screw hole on the underside of the top of the inside of my front doors (that was a mouthful).
is that where a roof rack is fitted onto? it's only the front doors though, none at the back so it kind makes me think its not rack related.
(if not, wtf is it?)

Yep - the front bar clamp has small pins that fit in to those holes.

Not sure why they aren't in the rear of the 5 door though.

MattRichardson

Jul 23, 2014
Yeah, that's basically where the foot pack clamps onto the door frame and onto the roof (with rubber feet).

It's quite easy to scratch the inside of the door frame if you don't loosen the roof rack footpack fully or you try to be clever and try and fit/remove the bars with out any help (it's really a 2 person job).

DEAN0

Old Git
Feb 1, 2006
Preston - UK
Hi,

Yes, they are Thule compatible. They are actually Manfuactured by Thule but not branded up as so.

The ones I got were the Aero bars. All I needed to do was but the foot pack to make them fit the wife's Ibiza.

Cheers,

Matt

The Thule website says your 5 door leon uses the 754 rapid system with a 1707 foot kit

The 2008+ Ibiza SC uses the 754 rapid system but needs the 1493 foot kit

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.