2015 Ibeza ST doors filling with water.

Big Col

Nov 5, 2013
North Ayrshire
it was my attempt at some humour. Buy the 3dr (SC) and he has less doors filling with water to worry about.

And yes mines fills with water too. At least on the Ibiza it runs back out the bottom to the outside. On my Fabia it came in the cabin and soaked the carpet.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Ah, I see!

Trouble for me is, when you look at the "finish" or sealing on the outside of an Ibiza and compare it with the same on the latest Polo, or even a 14 year old Polo, there is not too much difference, but as I said, the Polo seems to only get one small hole at the base of each door, and I've never noticed any water escaping from them or from the doors of my 2011 S4. Though both Audi and VW do fit inner and outer door seals, whereas SEAT only use an outer seal.

Last edited:

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
Big Col: There won't be a next time!

I seem to remember that the original SEAT Ibiza (System Porsche model!) was the only modern car being sold in Europe without a secondary door lock system - everyone else had sorted that out maybe 30 years before that!

So only having outer door seals might get sorted some time soon?

Gezz49

Aug 11, 2016
Yes Col I appreciated the humour and my reply (with exclamation) was intended to be the same. I have had a Leon and my wife had a Ibeza mk5 hatchback which didn't have this problem. I liked the wifes car which made us decide that the estate would suite us when I retired. She wasn't fond of the Leons seats (?) It was a 57 plate Stylance a great car.

Gezz49

Aug 11, 2016
The mystery deepens. I had an engineer look at my car doors today. The door seal is nowhere near the drain holes, it is a vertical seal anyway, and the outer door edge seal is not really a seal (or a Walrus) as with the back door open you can look through to the front door and you can see daylight. There is a gap between the bottom of the door and the cill but water doesn't drain. He is "thinking " about it and will let me know. At least he hasn't asked for any payment.

RUM4MO

Jun 4, 2008
South Scotland
I have not seen any Seals or Walruses, but I did just manage to catch a huge Slug as it was about to enter the closed door cavity through the slot where the lock is - just managed to grab the horrible buggar and heave it back out, strong thing it was! Horrible wet Summer weather, great for Slugs!

Gezz49

Aug 11, 2016
Buy a duck mate, they love 'em. Bit messy in the car though. Letter sent to SEAT HQ yesterday, recorded delivery. Parked next to a brand new car same as mine yesterday. He had just taken delivery , never seen a drop of rain. He's not looking forward to it.

Gezz49

Aug 11, 2016
The missus suggests we put perspex door cards in and put a couple of goldfish in the doors.