2015 Ibiza FR Stereo Replacement

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
Hi all,

First time posting here but been reading for a couple of months thanks for all the info posts :)

have just got an Ibiza Fr black and loving it as my first car!

I am looking for some help in regards to the parts I need to change the stereo to a double din as I feel the Garmin really lets it down.

I have found a connect2 facia, and I know which stereo I want. But I believe I need to get a button module to relocate the hazards/ASR/Air bag buttons back down to the cup holder area like in the previous Ibizas.

All I can find is a used module from an old style which doesn't have the asr button.

Anyone know if its possible to get hold on? Seat have suggested they don't have one.

cheers

Last edited:

Cupra-Sweden

Jul 23, 2014
Sweden
Hi all,

First time posting here but been reading for a couple of months thanks for all the info posts :)

I am looking for some help in regards to the parts I need to change the stereo to a double din as I feel the Garmin really lets it down.

I have found a connect2 facia, and I know which stereo I want. But I believe I need to get a button module to relocate the hazards/ASR/Air bag buttons back down to the cup holder area like in the previous Ibizas.

All I can find is a used module from an old style which doesn't have the asr button.

Anyone know if its possible to get hold on? Seat have suggested they don't have one.

cheers

Hello, bought mine at the Seat workshop(Sweden) SEAT item 6J0 927 137 XXX; X) replace the x with different numbers and/or letters to get the module you need, mine is 6J0 927 137 AB AT7, those numbers should help Seat find your part :) I found the harness that's needed on Ebay Z-EACC-S6J :)

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
go down on the page, press the rollbar warnblink and choose which functions you need, there you can see the Seat number you need :)

That's great thanks. It would appear SEAT Nr: 6J0.927.137.R .AT7

Just have to see if Seat UK supply it now or if its third party, thanks a lot for the help!!!

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
wow thanks for the offer :)

I think I am sorted though. For anybody else interest in replacing the radio those part numbers above and on the Zenec link are genuine part numbers that apply here in the UK Seat to.

I have mine on order now!

Thanks again Cupra

Cupra-Sweden

Jul 23, 2014
Sweden
Nice to hear! :)

Which stereo did you choose?
Have all the things I need except a stereo.. having a hard time to choose between 1-din, Alpine CDE 178 BT or a 2din unit..

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
Bit boring really but I've been looking at the pioneer sph da120 as I like the look of the apple car play. Update 8.3 apparently added wireless car play that looks pretty good. I'm also not a huge fan of low quality resistive touch screens and the way normal nav systems work. The da120 looks almost of tablet quality

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
I was under the impression if you move the strip of buttons down. Then yes it does. Connect2 sell a range of dbl din surrounds

Cupra-Sweden

Jul 23, 2014
Sweden
I've heard about someone on this forum that had problems with fitting a 2-din, but I have seen a lot of people who succed so my opinion is that it's possible :) For example, Thebassheadz on instagram haad a 7" pioneer 4200 something on his Ibiza :)

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
Well I got my button panel - Yes its the right one, thanks again cupra!

I took it in to a local audio shop to get a quote for fitting, They are pretty certain a double din will fit fine.

Apparently I need a connect2 CT23ST24 which is a facia kit and it includes the relocation harness for the buttons.

My next question - How hard is it going to be to access the button panel to relocate the buttons myself? The shop is trying to charge me a massive premium on either the stereo itself or the fitting.

would i need a steering wheel control unit?

what else would i need to add to my list below;

Stereo
Facia (with relocation cable)
button panel (got already)

Thanks

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
Hi

Yes just found that video about 20 mins ago.

Its suprisingly easier than I thought it would be. So I am going to have a crack myself.

Just need to find a facia/cable kit. Apparently connect 2 havent released it yet so may have to wait a short while. Possibly July :/

**cant post links yet, but found Connects2 CTSST001 Seat Steering wheel control interface for aftermarket stereo

that should do for steering control?

DarkehFR

Apr 15, 2015
I ordered

Zenec EACC-S6J - ZENEC Z-EACC-S6J from amazon.de

Hoping that's the right one as I cant source it anywhere in the UK.

There's a full connect2 kit coming out which includes the facia and the cable, but not out until at least July.

Car audio direct seem to do a full kit, facia/mount/steering control and adaptor. Just not sure if I need nite or Azabache black

Before I order anything else I am going to get some radio keys so I can pull it and check theres room.

Last edited:

Joebo2k

Nov 6, 2015
Hi all, first post on here so hopefully not a stupid question but this is based on what cuppa-Sweden said in his/her post from 15/04/2015 @16:42.
The question is this:
On my new car (Seat Ibiza 2013 1.4 Tova mk v) it has a hazard light button, a passenger airbag button and a button with a picture of a car swerving. The only corresponding option on the Zenec website has a button for esp and set (I'm guessing esp is what the sliding car image relates to) but will the system still work if the other button is not connected to anything?
Also, if I can use this, any advice on where to buy in the UK? The only one that I can find on Ebay isused.any help is much appreciated.

Ibiza Seat 2015

Nov 10, 2015
Hi all,

cheers

Hi I have the same problem on my 2015 Ibiza Toca can anyone tell me the exact part I need and where to get it. I'm assuming the FR is the same part as the toca?

Thanks

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise