2016 Ibiza Wing Mirror Cover Removal

ben

Nov 26, 2015
Someone just clipped my wing mirror and drove off. The glass and electronics all intact but the cover is scuffed.

How do I get it off safely to replace with a new one? The paint work is damaged but it’s still properly fixed in place.

Thanks

ben

Nov 26, 2015
The only way I can think of is by using the electronics to shift the glass all the way down then use a screw driver to try catch some of the clips then trying to prise it off

Som

Oct 1, 2018
If its like the 2015 model then it will come off using your fingers to gently prise it from the top outside corner then easing it off around the edge until the clips are all off. Then the new one should just push on firmly into it clicks. I had to replace mine the other week after a run in with a large dumpster when squeezing past a Jeep and parked cars.

ben

Nov 26, 2015
I imagine it is but I literally can’t budge this at all with my fingers. Maybe if I had a screw driver but I don’t want to further damage this Incase new one doesn’t fit properly.

Any chance you happened to loosen yours by the impact?

Som

Oct 1, 2018
Maybe it was bit loose on mine but seems to be possible regardless. I checked out a couple of videos before attempting mines. Here's one of them.

Or if yours has the lights in the wing mirror (might just be Leon's that have this not sure)

Subc

May 12, 2008
Scotland
I folded up mirror and inserted credit card in bottom gap, worked it along inserted another, then it popped off easy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.