2017 Ibiza Cupra 1.8 TSI

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Hi all, a few photos of my Cupra which I recently bought with just under 24k miles on the clock:

Cupra3A.jpg

It is not the black edition, hence the standard metallic alloys and brake calipers. I am considering painting the calipers red to add some impact but at the same time I do think the stock calipers are smart and make the car look clean and understated:

Cupra4A.jpg

Really like the bi-xenon headlights:

Cupra5A.jpg

Interior-wise, I have just bought and fitted an armrest, which screws into the centre console just in front of the cup-holder. Really easy to fit and essential for those longer journeys:

Cupra7A.jpg

Cupra8A.jpg

Long-term plans are to go for a stage 1 remap once the warranty has expired as I know that the 1.8 can easily go up to 230-240bhp without needing to modify any hardware.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Looks ace! Love the Seats. LED DRL strips as well?

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Thanks, yeah it's got the LED strip DRLs, I always leave the lights on auto as they look so smart when they're on.

The seats are by far the most comfortable and supportive that I've experienced (they are chunkier than the FR ones).

Going down to the south coast tomorrow which will be the first long drive in the Cupra so far. Looking forward to letting it loose on some B-roads on the way down there :D.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Love them DRL LED strips! i'd love to get that in my MK2 Leon!

Great car you have! i'm sure once you've done the remap there will be more it's s slippery slope haha

Looking forward to seeing how you get on and what you do to it.

Cheers

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Looking forward to seeing how you get on and what you do to it.

Cheers

Now 1000 miles in since buying it.

Have to say I'm very impressed with the car as a cruiser, it is a lot more comfortable than the old FR in pretty much all conditions. The seats and adaptive suspension are superior.

It easily manages 40+ mpg on a longer run too. It is quiet and refined when you want it to be and seriously nippy when you want a bit of fun on a twisty road. I really like the tall gearing allowing you to reach 60 in 2nd.

Just a couple more months until that warranty expires and I can stage 1 it...

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
looks smart. Any link to the arm rest? Done a few 300 mile+ journeys last month and thought about looking into one.

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Reactions: dan103

SilverPilgrim

Apr 3, 2019
UK
An update on the Cupra as I have now had a stage 1 remap and done a (very) minor cosmetic upgrade.

I decided to go with Superchips for the remap (same as the old FR) as you can uninstall and reinstall the map whenever you want to, I like the practicality.

The car was quick before and now it's really quick, the torque surge in gear is quite something now :flag:.

I decided to remove the Cupra badge logo off the back, as I thought it looked a bit cluttered and asymmetrical with the wording and the little badge on there. I like the clean look of just the "CUPRA" wording on the boot lid now.

Just got back from a Peak District break so here are a couple of pics of the car in a nice evening light:

Derbyshire1.jpg
Derbyshire2.jpg