2017 Leon!!!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
"because the handbrake operates electrically, you’ll need to visit a professional to have your brake pads changed. Usually, you’ll need a (rather expensive) diagnostic laptop to open up the brake calipers so you can remove the pads."

Really? Didn't think of that. Having electronic handbrakes mean you can't even change the pads yourself, unless like this page says, you have diagnostic tools to open the calipers. Won't that put the labour rate up too?

romster1

Nov 26, 2016
W London
yes that puzzled me too.
there was also an interesting question in the comments section of the article asking what happens if the batttery goes flat does it mean the handbrake cant be released ?

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
yes that puzzled me too.
there was also an interesting question in the comments section of the article asking what happens if the batttery goes flat does it mean the handbrake cant be released ?

Or more importantly will the brakes release?

G.P

Sep 3, 2011
Worcestershire
Or more importantly will the brakes release?

Funny you should say that, guy down the road from me has a 65 plate Golf with electric handbrake, of which now and again fails to release and he has to turn off and restart until it releases. Last time it happened he was stuck on a 45 min parking bay for half hour over his time. Dealer can't find anything wrong!

cupra_ahhh

Nov 4, 2008
Tonbridge, Kent
Yeah my main concern is will the brakes release if the battery dies? Resulting in a runaway car? Probably not, I'd like to think the boffins at VAG have taken that into consideration.

Right guys.....

guys...? ;)

Last edited:

BenH

Sep 16, 2016
Nottingham
Not a fan of all these dealers that see the need to take the feel of driving away, putting a key in the ignition, pulling the handbrake, silent electric cars...this isn't driving! I'll hang on to my handbrake till it's dying day

afolio4

Dec 27, 2009
Hey all ,

Anyone who has experienced total brake failure and simultaneous clutch failure won't be interested in electric handbrake rubbish:blink:

dieselface

Jul 1, 2010
Not enough pics in this thread.

eklxfb.png

28hmln8.png

For what it's worth I see our European neighbours claim this colour blue production week is delayed. Probably as it's going to be the launch colour on the Cupra and they don't want a batch of FRs rolling around show it off some more before Cupra is presented. I'm speculating of course.

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
For what it's worth I see our European neighbours claim this colour blue production week is delayed. Probably as it's going to be the launch colour on the Cupra and they don't want a batch of FRs rolling around show it off some more before Cupra is presented. I'm speculating of course.

I'm not sure from the photos whether that blue is the same or lighter than the night blue that has been available on the VW Golf. Night blue looks good but I'm told is dreadful to keep looking clean.

After 3 Leon FR's I've decided to have a change and return to a VW Golf. When I saw that the 1.8 Tsi was no longer available in the facelift Leon I've ordered a VW Golf GT Edition DSG in Pacific blue.
It's got the same 1.4 ACT engine as the Leon FR but like my current 1.8 also has the independent rear suspension which the 1.4 FR does not have. I got a very good deal at my local VW dealer through carwow which brought the price down by nearly £3,000 on a factory order, so not too much more than a facelift Leon. Also the Golf GT Edition, in addition to the independent rear suspension also comes with sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, 18 inch wheels etc as standard. The main thing I will miss are the LED lights. Hope to get my new car by late March and although I will miss my 1.8 FR I am now looking forward to a change.

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
I'm not sure from the photos whether that blue is the same or lighter than the night blue that has been available on the VW Golf. Night blue looks good but I'm told is dreadful to keep looking clean.
I have a Night Blue Passat and can confirm it is difficult to keep clean .:(

FRHighlander

Apr 21, 2014
Perth, Scotland.

After 3 Leon FR's I've decided to have a change and return to a VW Golf. When I saw that the 1.8 Tsi was no longer available in the facelift Leon I've ordered a VW Golf GT Edition DSG in Pacific blue.
It's got the same 1.4 ACT engine as the Leon FR but like my current 1.8 also has the independent rear suspension which the 1.4 FR does not have. I got a very good deal at my local VW dealer through carwow which brought the price down by nearly £3,000 on a factory order, so not too much more than a facelift Leon. Also the Golf GT Edition, in addition to the independent rear suspension also comes with sunroof, front and rear parking sensors, adaptive cruise control, 18 inch wheels etc as standard. The main thing I will miss are the LED lights. Hope to get my new car by late March and although I will miss my 1.8 FR I am now looking forward to a change.
Well done and enjoy the the Golf!
You got me thinking, but on checking the VW site they don't appear to offer DSG in either petrol or diesel in the GT Edition.
Am I being thick or missing something?!

Ashworth

Feb 2, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Well done and enjoy the the Golf!
You got me thinking, but on checking the VW site they don't appear to offer DSG in either petrol or diesel in the GT Edition.
Am I being thick or missing something?!

DSG is available in both petrol and diesel in the VW Golf GT Edition. On the VW Golf website there is a Golf Specification and Comparison section and all the details are there.
I've ordered the 1.4 Tsi ACT 150 with DSG which is the same engine as in the SEAT Leon FR.

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Not been on here for years! I was last on with my first car a Ibiza mk2!

I've returned because yesterday I ordered a 2017 facelift Leon SC 1.4Fr dsg in white, very excited to get it in march!

kevin_251

Dec 29, 2016
Send photos from spain, greetings

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk
The forum does not leave me for a short time, if someone has facebook to send me the name and I pass the photos (sorry for me translation)

Enviado desde mi Aquaris X5 Plus mediante Tapatalk

FRHighlander

Apr 21, 2014
Perth, Scotland.
DSG is available in both petrol and diesel in the VW Golf GT Edition. On the VW Golf website there is a Golf Specification and Comparison section and all the details are there.
I've ordered the 1.4 Tsi ACT 150 with DSG which is the same engine as in the SEAT Leon FR.

Thanks Ash. I think my problem was I was looking for a 3-door version. For some reason VW don't do DSG in that model.

Oct 18, 2016
I ordered new Leon ST this week, estimated delivery is at end of March.

Luckily 1.8 TSI DSG FR is available here in Finland, cant wait :).

FRING

Jan 1, 2017
New Facelifted Leon!!!

Hope the link works!!

What do people think??

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

New here, nice video! Please could anyone tell me, what colour is the grey Leon, seen behind the red feature model? Many thanks!