Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.

2017 Leon!!!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Leonfr140, Oct 19, 2016.

1. matthab

matthab Active Member

Not that I don't believe you and it would be fantastic if they did. But, this would take the fight atraight to the golf r which vw would like to avoid. Secondly the reason I bought a Cupra was because it did not have 4wd as it made the golf r feel heavy.

Be interesting if it happens.

2. dieselface

dieselface Active Member

I think it's pretty much expected that the 300PS 4WD Cupra is coming but to the ST ONLY as per AndrewJB post and the pricelist leaks already seen online.

3. FRTSIman

FRTSIman Active Member

I spoke to a SEAT dealer this morning, who confirmed that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option will not be available on any of the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon model variants or trim levels in the UK, leaving the existing 1.4TSi 150PS engine as the most powerful petrol engine in the UK apart from the petrol engine in the still to be announced facelifted Cupra.

Very disappointing, as I was hoping to replace my existing 1.8TSi petrol DSG Leon with a new one with the same brilliant engine and gearbox combination.

I notice according to the configurator on the German SEAT website, that the 1.8TSi petrol engine option continues to be available for the 2017 facelifted SEAT Leon for the German market.

4. DANFR180

DANFR180 Active Member

might be worth hanging on to it then

5. FRTSIman

FRTSIman Active Member

Yes, I may do that. The SEAT dealer said that less than 2% of Mk3 SEAT Leons have the 1.8TSi petrol engine, so it seems to be a bit of a rarity!

6. Kraken

Kraken Active Member

Wow. If he's really right about that % then we are part of a pretty exclusive club and perhaps, just perhaps...it may retain it's value quite a lot more. I knew they were rare when I was trying to get a test drive of one, but my new one only took 10 weeks from factory so at least they remembered how to make them lol but wow yeah, really surprised it's that low they are great!

I think mine is brilliant, the extra grunt from the engine feels very noticable over the 150, the IRS as well is a welcome feature as my god does it handle well at speed a lot better than the ones without it, I found that out on roundabout a few weeks ago where if not for my reactions that sodding range rover probably would of taken us out with it's harsh braking, I love it, great engine and trim

Looks like in the future I will more than likely almost certainly be keeping hold of it and adding performance upgrades instead for it too then who knows, things could still change a lot over the next 2-3 years.

As for the 2017 model, I don't like the "Hook" on the DRLs I prefer the much more angular straight lines of mine, and hell no to E-HBrakes, give me a physical one any day. Lights at rear are nice but nothing overall I'd drop my wallet for, no way at all.

7. DANFR180

DANFR180 Active Member

The benefits of the 1.8 much out way the 6mpg fuel saving over the 1.4 act (we have both so can compare) they will be sort after on the used market but il probably keep mine for a while:D

8. HazeTaze

HazeTaze Active Member

Looks so good. F*** i just recently got a 2016 model. and this completes all that i wanted to have in a car.

9. rambalad

rambalad Active Member

Just reading a press release on the 2017 Golf and it mentions that the 1.4 is being replaced by a 148bhp 1.5 COD. Wonder when SUK will get it?

10. Nick2016

Nick2016 Active Member

The new Golf is getting a new seven speed DSG. Replacing the six speed. I assume this means it'll be more robust then the current seven speed. Is the Leon keeping the old DSG?

11. seatgraham

seatgraham Active Member

I'm sure I read that the new Leon will get 7 speed DSG too - will be uprated one.

12. Nick2016

Nick2016 Active Member

13. cupra_ahhh

cupra_ahhh Active Member

#73 cupra_ahhh, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  14. Trettiosjuan

Trettiosjuan Active Member

Have keyless on other car, nice but theft sensitive.

Electronic handbrake - happy I still have the manual one, allows me to do this:
    https://youtu.be/1TYMe1ZwOB4

The 4wd Cupra ST, will that be DSG only as in the Golf R Estate I suppose?

#74 Trettiosjuan, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  15. seatgraham

seatgraham Active Member

Was at SEAT dealer today. Advised facelift will be launched 1 December, with Cupra details coming sometime in December.

16. seatgraham

seatgraham Active Member

17. Trettiosjuan

Trettiosjuan Active Member

Basically a Golf R estate in nice sporty clothes :)

#77 Trettiosjuan, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  18. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

19. Deathjam

Deathjam Active Member

That would be why the ad lists the St version then

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

20. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

Ah yes it does in the advert says estate. Might try to order a 5 door 4WD see what they say.