2017 Leon!!!

Trettiosjuan

Jan 21, 2016
Why only 4WD on the ST though? :shrug:
To not compete too much with the Golf R three and five door? The Golf R estate on the other hand is perhaps not selling as well as it looks a bit too practical? The ST though looks great for an estate imho...

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
Yep, saying its space restricted is just a cop out, they've clearly been told by VW not to put 4WD on the hatch so it doesn't impact Golf R sales. Very disappointing I really wanted 4WD for my next car may have to look elsewhere now.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
Yep, saying its space restricted is just a cop out, they've clearly been told by VW not to put 4WD on the hatch so it doesn't impact Golf R sales. Very disappointing I really wanted 4WD for my next car may have to look elsewhere now.
Space was something I suggested not SEAT

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

8cylinder

Oct 21, 2016
The vaq diff in cupra 290 is a great piece of kit so upping the power to 296bhp won't be much of an issue,however it going to 296 bhp then offering it with 4 drive doesn't make much sense,at least make the 4 drive circa 320-330 bhp,so it's making full use of the 4 drive system.
Vag politics I suppose.
So surely the golf will follow suit with 310 bhp then the s3 with 320 bhp????
Got a feeling the virtual dash will make an appearance in the cupra.

Discopanda

May 10, 2016
So will the FR model be having this monstrosity in the middle of the grill? Who would sign off such a design?

The German configurator shows it as default - even when cruise control/radar etc isn't selected. I'm hoping it's a mistake?!

new_seat_leon-014h.jpg

dw911

Mar 30, 2013
So will the FR model be having this monstrosity in the middle of the grill? Who would sign off such a design?

The German configurator shows it as default - even when cruise control/radar etc isn't selected. I'm hoping it's a mistake?!

new_seat_leon-014h.jpg

Probably just a glitch in the Seat configuration, it never seems to work very well and they never seem to rush to fix any glitchs with it.
I'd imagine it would only be present on cars ordered with ACC/ traffic jam assist.
On the bright side it's not on the roof and spinning round like the early self drive cars :D

As it means I'll be able to let the car take over and drive/steer start and stop in mind numbing stop go motorway traffic, I personally wouldn't care if it covered the whole grill :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise