1. Hi Guest. If you're not subscribing to us on YouTube yet, you're missing out on car news and reviews. Subscribe to our channel to get notified when we post new videos.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store. and are now half price.

2017 Leon!!!

Discussion in 'Leon Mk3 (2012-2020)' started by Leonfr140, Oct 19, 2016.

1. dw911

dw911 Active Member

Probably just a glitch in the Seat configuration, it never seems to work very well and they never seem to rush to fix any glitchs with it.
    I'd imagine it would only be present on cars ordered with ACC/ traffic jam assist.
    On the bright side it's not on the roof and spinning round like the early self drive cars :D

As it means I'll be able to let the car take over and drive/steer start and stop in mind numbing stop go motorway traffic, I personally wouldn't care if it covered the whole grill :D

2. xSullx

xSullx Active Member

This monstrosity is nothing new for the facelift. This was already with the initial Mk3 model:
    [​IMG]

3. Ashworth

Ashworth Active Member

My local dealer rang me yesterday as he knew that I was intending changing my car in April/May next year before it gets to 4 years old and requires service MOT etc. I currently have a 1.8Tsi manual and was intending ordering another 1.8 but this time a DSG version. I mentioned to him that I'd heard rumours that the 1.8 may not be available after the facelift and he knew nothing about this. He had been led to believe that all the current engines would initially still be available at least until the proposed 1.5 becomes available.

I said I would wait until full details of the facelift models are available in the UK and then get back to him sometime in December when I know for certain if the 1.8Tsi is available or not. If the 1.8 isn't going to be available I will ask if it is still possible to get me a pre facelift car perhaps at a reduced price! The other alternatives are to settle for the 1.4Tsi ACT or even consider the VW Golf 1.4 ACT GT. Although more expensive the Golf GT does come with lots of equipment included and I understand that it also has the independent rear suspension and better breaks that my current Seat 1.8 Tsi FR has.

4. Renex

Renex Active Member

Hi! How do you think, will it be possible to install 2017 8" media reciever with car play/android auto support to my "old" Leon 2014?
    And how much can it cost?

5. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

no it wont, its very complicated, I tried to install 6.5

6. GazGT

GazGT Active Member

A collection of my random thoughts

Damn. The timing of this facelift has really screwed with my new car order!

Car should have been ordered weeks ago but the fleet manager spent forever getting alternative quotes. When they were finally ready to move forward it was too late. They are not accepting any new orders on the existing model. :cry:

I had spec'd an alor blue FR ST with 18" 'performance' wheels. Alor blue has been withdrawn, and I'm not sure what's happening with the wheels - they are on the final accessories page of that German configurator which I assume means they are dealer fit. Price has jumped a lot for them.

Glad they didn't change things too much on the looks. I might end up going for the purple in xcellence trim.

Was looking forward to having a normal handbrake again. :rolleyes:

Dashboard and centre console look to be higher quality than the outgoing model

Hope the new model is offered with a heated windscreen.

7. notabenem

notabenem Active Member

I had a similar question related to the phone holder itself (not the whole InCarEntertainment system) here: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=433823

8. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Site Owner

9. dieselface

dieselface Active Member

Funny Autocar don't indicate it's the ST only version thats lined up for 4WD that's been seen on the pricelists.. almost indicating that SC and Hatch have something else coming.

Either lazy journalism or future Cupra R related stuff?

10. Syphon

Syphon SCN Admin
    Site Owner

Not Cupra R.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

11. AndrewJB

AndrewJB Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing

I've messaged Autocar about this, they are a week late and also forget one vital detail from the article.

shame really as they belong to a collection of publications and all the other publications have managed to report on it correctly.

12. ActionScript

ActionScript Active Member

13. stevemc81

stevemc81 Active Member

14. Glarh

Glarh Active Member

15. Glarh

Glarh Active Member

I think it looks really nice. The more aggressive bumper etc looks good

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

16. ActionScript

ActionScript Active Member

That zooming in and out on the navigation screen, OMG what were they thinking when they cooked that up!

17. Curtly

Curtly Active Member

Anyone else think the Grill looks like an after thought? It's not even the same honeycomb mesh as the lower part?

18. dieselface

dieselface Active Member

The zoom on the sat nav is a little embarrassing. I'm not a heavy nav user so those things are not deal breakers for me but wow surely someone considered that during testing. It'll put some people off.

This update is a bit of a catch up rather than anything to shout about. The mk3 has always been a good looking car from the start. Makes sense why it didn't appear in Paris now.