2019 Cupra - Sound System

Spickles72

Apr 28, 2019
While driving? He'll probably end up with more than sound to worry about.
This wins dumbest suggestion of the month.

That’s a touch harsh. Surely we all adjust stuff when we are driving? You could always pull over to make adjustments and then carry on or get a passenger to do it if you wanted to be extra careful. No harder than searching for a radio station, entering a sat nav destination or having an argument with your missus

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
That’s a touch harsh. Surely we all adjust stuff when we are driving? You could always pull over to make adjustments and then carry on or get a passenger to do it if you wanted to be extra careful. No harder than searching for a radio station, entering a sat nav destination or having an argument with your missus
Not as harsh as killing someone while f**king around trying to adjust virtual sliders on a screen in the middle of the dash. It's not the same as pushing buttons on your steering wheel.
Think before posting. Write what you actually mean.

Reactions: Walone and PaulyM

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Got all my sliders as high as they go. I’ll probably get some replies to say ¥\$~¥@ about that but that’s what works for me after playing around ages. Most of the music I listen to is bass/ voice focused.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
Another thing is the focus of the sound in the car. I found if you select sound focus on “driver” rather than “all” it *could* sound better. But it wasn’t clear enough a difference for me to leave it like it. But maybe your ears will hear it differently.

Reactions: adamsupergeek

ChrisM75

May 10, 2019
So far ive found the system a little flat. Its more clear than my Astra, but doesn't have the bass. Interestingly my equaliser was set to maximum on all bands when it arrived, usually equalisers are set to the middle on all bands by default. Not sure if the delivery guy had adjusted it or not though. Reducing the mids has helped.

At least there are no rattles at higher volumes.

LR231998

Alor Blue 290 Cupra
Jan 21, 2019
So far ive found the system a little flat. Its more clear than my Astra, but doesn't have the bass. Interestingly my equaliser was set to maximum on all bands when it arrived, usually equalisers are set to the middle on all bands by default. Not sure if the delivery guy had adjusted it or not though. Reducing the mids has helped.

At least there are no rattles at higher volumes.
I had the new 2018 Ibiza before I went to my MK3 Leon Cupra, although the sound is louder the quality isn’t quite as good. And in the Ibiza it had the actual values “bass” “treble” etc... which was much more helpful. But I usually use my engine/ exhaust note as my music so no need for speakers ;)

(YES I have the soundaktor off)

adamsupergeek

Dec 11, 2018
Another thing is the focus of the sound in the car. I found if you select sound focus on “driver” rather than “all” it *could* sound better. But it wasn’t clear enough a difference for me to leave it like it. But maybe your ears will hear it differently.
I find the driver focus works best for me!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.