2019 National Meet - 14th July (booking information and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
We're heading to Donington this year in the summer at Trax. The organisers of last year's event aren't running.

Date: Sunday 14th July (you can camp the day before if you wish)
Organiser: Trax
Deadline for booking to be on the stand: 10th June

Who is welcome: All SEATs and CUPRAs - any age, modified or not modified. This is a social meet for SEAT and CUPRA fans.

Freebies will be given to attendees - at least stickers and hopefully more.

How to book:

1. Go here: http://www.traxshows.co.uk/club-tickets-0
  2. Click on the red "club tickets" button
  3. Select SEATCUPRA.NET in the drop down
  4. Password is: FORMENTOR
Make sure you are buying "club stand" tickets and that you choose the "Club Display Vehicle Pass" option.

Once you have booked please add yourself to the confirmed booking thread here: https://forums.seatcupra.net/index....ng-confirmation-thread-no-discussions.450346/

-----------------

This thread is for discussions about the event, convoys, logistics etc.

Let's make this our biggest year!

Hope to see you there.

Thanks,

Scott

Last edited:

Deleted member 103408

Very sorry but i cant make this date. Hope you all have a good time

Deleted member 103408

Yes, sorry afraid I have a family event i cant miss.

With regards to Doncaster we need to agree on a hotel so we can book it up.

Reactions: Jimbobcook

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Bummer.

Anyone looking to stay over Saturday Night? It’s a 3 and a bit hour journey for me and I’d like to be awake on Sunday Morning.

Looking for somewhere to stay and someone to have a pint with.

Yes I would be looking to stay overnight, no idea on what is good. There is a holiday inn near the airport.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Bummer.

Anyone looking to stay over Saturday Night? It’s a 3 and a bit hour journey for me and I’d like to be awake on Sunday Morning.

I would say stay over in rutland the night before but it's still an hour from mine to the event.

Deano j1971

Jan 5, 2018
Bummer.

@Maypack..Same journey time for me....I’m up for staying over on Saturday night as I expect on Sunday it will be a nightmare to get in. Probably better to try and book as early as possible because the prices will go through the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maypack

Ambassador for Cumberland Sausage
Apr 20, 2014
Gods Country - West Cumbria
@Maypack..Same journey time for me....I’m up for staying over on Saturday night as I expect on Sunday it will be a nightmare to get in. Probably better to try and book as early as possible because the prices will go through the roof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly what I was thinking. Entry time for Groups is 8am I think with normal entry at 9am.

Any ideas on where to stay? Plenty of Premier Inns in the area and @Hawkers has spotted a Holiday Inn at the Airport too.

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester
Really wanted to come this year as I joined just before last years meet and missed it.

I have a baby girl due on the 9th of July so won’t be making it! (It’s my birthday on the 10th of July so would would have been perfect to have come)

Enjoy everyone, I’m sure it will be a great day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andrewwright

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
I would love to come to this event! Showcase my Leon what happens on these events then?
Aqib

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
Really wanted to come this year as I joined just before last years meet and missed it.

I have a baby girl due on the 9th of July so won’t be making it! (It’s my birthday on the 10th of July so would would have been perfect to have come)

Enjoy everyone, I’m sure it will be a great day.

Congrats on the little one... Did you not think the due date through before making this baby lol we've got a meet in Doncaster on the 28th if that's any good to you?

I would love to come to this event! Showcase my Leon what happens on these events then?
Aqib

Well... It normally starts off in the morning of with a few of us meet at a service station to clean the cars before going to the event... We all rock up and find our club space. Arrange the cars in an order that looks lovely then take loads of pictures and have a good chat... Probably end up spending other people's money with mods others have already done lol

Then you have a look round all the sponsors stalls like revo (I assume) and have a good shop. Then have some food and chat some more.

Very chilled out day.

Reactions: kanyewest

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Congrats on the little one... Did you not think the due date through before making this baby lol we've got a meet in Doncaster on the 28th if that's any good to you?

Well... It normally starts off in the morning of with a few of us meet at a service station to clean the cars before going to the event... We all rock up and find our club space. Arrange the cars in an order that looks lovely then take loads of pictures and have a good chat... Probably end up spending other people's money with mods others have already done lol

Then you have a look round all the sponsors stalls like revo (I assume) and have a good shop. Then have some food and chat some more.

Very chilled out day.

That sounds really cool, I'm assuming upon purchasing the ticket I become one of the elite that gets to clean he's car at the station and have the car parked up next to all the other Leon's in a neat order and what station would this be forgive me for my ignorance but I've just recently started going to car shows like ultimate dubs so very new to this!

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That sounds really cool, I'm assuming upon purchasing the ticket I become one of the elite that gets to clean he's car at the station and have the car parked up next to all the other Leon's in a neat order and what station would this be forgive me for my ignorance but I've just recently started going to car shows like ultimate dubs so very new to this!

Things like that get sorted out closer to the time and depends on which roads you join from etc... I'm sure we can sort something out.

We also have a meet in Doncaster on the 28th April if that's any use to you? More a local meet with a few of us.

Reactions: Unizz

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Things like that get sorted out closer to the time and depends on which roads you join from etc... I'm sure we can sort something out.

We also have a meet in Doncaster on the 28th April if that's any use to you? More a local meet with a few of us.
Nice that might be a good idea to go to, think I'm at work though unfortunately :-( I'm based in bham

saveoursouls

Jul 4, 2018
Manchester

Very chilled out day.

Unfortunately not, should have waited a month lol.

Doncaster’s only an hour and a half from me so should be able to make that one. Guessing there’s a thread and chat knocking about?

fozzybear

middle aged speed freak
Feb 4, 2006
halifax,west yorks
Bummer.

I.m gonna be booking overnight so if anyone doesn,t mind sharing and can put a little towards .....any one......don.t snore...lol plus probably be up most of night cleaning and polishing .....offers there just let me know ....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.