2019 National Meet - 14th July (booking information and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Thanks not going to book just yet but looks a good place if I decide I am staying the night before.

As an aside what time are people arriving in the morning,

Also do we need another Gazebo to protect us from the heat wave that will be the British Summer this year
I've not been to a meet like this before what do people usually do? Meet at the petrol station and then head to the place? Not sure of the timings. Perhaps Scott can shed some light

Aqib

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Deleted member 103408

I am staying at the Days Inn Donington A50, was pretty well priced

Thanks mate, Still trying to work out if I am going to stay or drive up in the morning,

As an aside what time are people planning on getting there

And do we need another Gazebo for the heat wave that will be the British Summer.

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
I've not been to a meet like this before what do people usually do? Meet at the petrol station and then head to the place? Not sure of the timings. Perhaps Scott can shed some light

Aqib

It all depends on what people fancy doing and time they arrive, last year a few of us met at a service station to give the cars a quick clean and get food and drink for the day then we all went down but it's difficult to all stay together being so busy. You'll get a map of the location of our stand which is just concrete with cones lol we have some big SeatCupra.net flags so as long as Syphon gets there first we should know what's what lol timings for meeting will depend of people and where they drive from I bet but closer to the time we can sort pre meets for the cruise in.

It's pretty good fun and easy to find.

Thanks mate, Still trying to work out if I am going to stay or drive up in the morning,

As an aside what time are people planning on getting there

And do we need another Gazebo for the heat wave that will be the British Summer.
I think if you do have a gazebo to bring that would be ideal but we did struggle to keep them on the floor with the wind and no anchor points... Could save us from rain or shine lol

Deleted member 103408

Hmm seems like I need to buy some of these then
Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 20.05.46.png

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
I guess myself and @Deano j1971 will be meeting up with @Jimbobcook as we will be on his direct route to the Show. Times to be sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm coming from Birmingham so really not too far will come in the morning whatever time everyone meets
Aqib

Deleted member 103408

@Jimbobcook are we doing prizes like on a normal meet, in other words do I need to bring along my little car with me.

FYI I have ordered some of the Gazebo weights so hopefully it should be ok

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
@Jimbobcook are we doing prizes like on a normal meet, in other words do I need to bring along my little car with me.

Oooo
Prizes, tell me more? For the cleanest Seat yeah? Little car?

Aqib

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Winner should be the most enthusiastic seat owner I think lol
Aqib

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012

I wasn't sure as quite a few people who go to the Nationals don't go to the Local meets so we wouldn't see the trophy for another year...

But this is what the Trophies are for I guess... so undecided currently...
Oooo
Prizes, tell me more? For the cleanest Seat yeah? Little car?

Aqib

At our local meets we have some trophies to give out at each meet for various things, currently we have Cleanest, dirtiest, first to arrive, most progressed, best stock car, favourite car and oldest car. They look a little like this....
Cupra-Meet-48.jpg

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
I wasn't sure as quite a few people who go to the Nationals don't go to the Local meets so we wouldn't see the trophy for another year...

But this is what the Trophies are for I guess... so undecided currently...

At our local meets we have some trophies to give out at each meet for various things, currently we have Cleanest, dirtiest, first to arrive, most progressed, best stock car, favourite car and oldest car. They look a little like this....
Cupra-Meet-48.jpg
That is so cool!!!!!
I want the top one! Lol I better arrive early and have the cleanest, dirtiest most progressed stock car then lol
Aqib

Jimbobcook

Staff member
Nov 24, 2012
That is so cool!!!!!
I want the top one! Lol I better arrive early and have the cleanest, dirtiest most progressed stock car then lol
Aqib

Top one is Favourite Car... hard one to get I think no matter who you are.

Each Trophy winner from the previous meet chooses their favourite for the next meet so some trophies don't make it to every meet.

Reactions: bigT's lcr

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Top one is Favourite Car... hard one to get I think no matter who you are.

Each Trophy winner from the previous meet chooses their favourite for the next meet so some trophies don't make it to every meet.
Oh wow. Tough one sounds like good fun

Unizz

Jul 5, 2017
Anyone else think we need a smaller model of the car to go on the small model, and then an even smaller model to go on that...and so on haha.
Haha epic idea, we can call them Russian Cupras

Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise