Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

2020 Cupra models

Discussion in 'CUPRA Brand General Discussion' started by ParadoxB, Jun 9, 2019.

1. ParadoxB

ParadoxB Member

Brooster89 likes this.
  2. Brooster89

Brooster89 Full Member

"...by the end of 2020, we’ll have seven cars, including special models, on the streets".
    So we already have:
    - Cupra Ateca
    - Cupra Ateca R special edition
    - Cupra Formentor
    - Might also be including the Leon Cupra R ST special edition (seeing as it's shown on the Cupra website)
    So that would leave another 3, presumably 1 of which will be the new MK4 Cupra Leon.

3. ParadoxB

ParadoxB Member

#3 ParadoxB, Jun 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  4. perelaar

perelaar Senior Member

Cupra Ibiza looks the part, and power is about what you'd want in a small city car.
    The article mentions "probable" same drivetrain as the Formentor for the new Leon Cupra, so 245bhp total output, hybrid.

I'd say the mother group starts to wake up and notices too much competition with Golf R, Audi SQ2 etc.

5. Betts-4

Betts-4 Member

I just ordered a cupra lux my2020 so I Hope a newer version with the new badges isn’t released as they look so good,I’d be disappointed with me rose gold badges especially as I had to wait and was told this is the latest and newest revision.

6. Rick89

Rick89 Senior Member

I've seen the new Cupra badge on a demo over at my local dealership and like it but do question why they'd release a run of copper-badged Cupras with the traditional Seat "S" if after 6-12 months they're replacing with the "Cupra" badge. Makes no sense to me and seems like an ill-thought idea.

7. Betts-4

Betts-4 Member

I asked a dealer today and they did not have an Anwser but stated it could be the my20 will have the new badge in line with the Ateca which all have it from now on

Could be saved for the mk4 who knows

What he did say was they had stock of my20 which were my19 and just had spec change to suit,these had the copper S badge.