20vt Stereo Upgrade, What options

Dormouse

Available In Race Blue
Originally posted by simonthekane
What ways can you change the stereo in the ibiza 20vt, had my 3rd unit break now so want to change it and get something descent in there.

What ways can you do it apart from cutting the centre vents out ??

Do a search for ibiza radio or head unit. KPsport do a conversion. there's been a few thread recently.

U coming to the meet later today in Ower?

Cheers

Dor.

Leepey74

just do what i did, make sure you have a remote control compatible head unit, just under the steering wheel, theres a little cubby hole thingy, with a bit of "modification" this can house a head unit. You'l have to take the bottom shield off to get in there and take your main dash unit out.

I went to halfords and got a new adaper block (£15) and re-wired the lot to my Sony. Then all you need to do is feed your live, remote, RCA's through the car to the boot and you can put your sounds in.

It'l take you a good 3-4 hours to do, but its worth it.

If you want the instructions ill pop it onto a word document and email it off to you.

Looks good, looks different and sound excelent.

Good luck!

Lee

Leepey74

No probs Simon,

I'll sort it out today and get it over to you.

Regards

Lee:cheers:

Leepey74

If you check your personal email, you should have the instructions.

Let me know if you dont.

Regards

Lee

Madmax

Jun 19, 2003
Bucks
Visit site
Any chance the instructions could be posted up? Maybe add them to the how to's or guides section for everyone else. I would be quite interested in having a look.

Cheers

Leepey74

Yep it shouldnt be a prob. Its in short hand but its pretty straight forward. Well sort of anyway.

How do i post it?

Shall i email it to one of the moderators to put on??

Let me

Regards

Lee

Leepey74

Simon,

Did you fit your system in the end??

If so, how did you find the instructions??

Regards

Lee

Leepey74

Unlucky mate, let me know how you get on.

Me and a mate are possible putting another stereo in his Ibiza next month, so ill have some pics to post for you all.

Might make a bit easier.

Regards

Lee

Garth

Back in the S!
Mar 5, 2003
Newcastle
Visit site
You have to ask yourself WHY you want to do this:

Do you want to add a new head unit because the existing one sounds cr@p?
Is it because it has no power/no pre-outs?
Is it due to lack of CD player?
Do you just want to be different?
etc, etc.

When I sold my 16v Ibiza, it had a very nice Pioneer CD tuner in it plus an Alpine V12 amp and 10 inch sub, so obviously I was VERY dissapointed when I heard the stereo in the 20vt when I got it.

Now I have added a 6 disk changer, changed the front speakers to Alpine 6.5" components and added a Sony ISO-amp that just boosts the standard head units output, and added a 10" sub on an Alpine V12 amp.
The system now is very simple, yet sounds very good.
I highly recommend the Sony XM-423SL amp I have because it sits nicely under the dash and takes all the connections from the ISO plug, so it's installed in minutes.

I too was going to go the head unit under sterring wheel option, but now I feel I don't need to.
I hope my rambling has been of use to someone...

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
i think its good that u can offer a different veiw on it - it helps people decide:)
mine was already done when i got the car - although ive basically re-done it when i changed the headunit.;)
i cant resist but fiddle like that:p
Mark

commiemidget

Always Cruising!!
Jun 20, 2002
Visit site
Mine is also fitted in the cubby hole under the steering wheel, its a handy place to have it as when front is off people think you just haver the standard built in head unit.

commiemidget

:cheers:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise