25Bhp gain with twintercooler + ITG + Stage2 map

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Was going to pass amd this morning so i thought id get the stage2 upgrade put on. I intend to get a decat in the near future. Anyway my aim was to then switch it back to stock using my sps switch until i had fitted my exhaust but the upgrade came with a free dyno.

I wasnt too sure at this pont because i thought it was bad to run stage2 without the downpipe. The tech assured me that it was fine to do a dyno and even drive around short term with it on.
A
Anyway the results were 223bhp and 222lbft. This was plotted on a graph from a few months ago before my itg induction kit and forge intercooler. Anyway it gave 25bhp.

Some of that is most prob down to the stage 2 map but i would have thought that without the downpipe then most of the extra fueling would have been wasted.
Im expecting an extra 10bhp when the decat downpipe is fitted and maybe even 15 because theres no cat

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Nice gains, get some graphs up :)

Aint you having shed loads of problems with misfires though ect? Your always going on about them?

Got all your probs solved?

Jay

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
What you think of the itg induction kit? I put mine on last Friday granted I'm stock apart from that and did you have to cut or remove any plastic bits from your bumper when installing it to get the mouth closer to the bumper?

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Im assuming you have your battery in the boot. My pipe goes behind the battery and sits behind the light. Apparently theres a pocket of cold air there. With yours the pipe would go to the grill so you would have to cut some plastic to fit.

They should have made the silicone hose bit into a 90 degree bit and then had the filter sat vertically. Im going to get some tubing from sparco and move the battery to the boot and get it sat how it should.

Saying thay it is the best filter for this engine out atm

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
Yeah it is in the boot forgot to mention that and sound just the instructions said nothing about having to cut away at the plastic so we were abit iffy as to if it was right.

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
How's it running as stage 2 is it completely different to stock cos I've been looking into going stage 2 on mine but I can't just pull 2 and abit grand out me arse.

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Go stage1 first! Lol i shouldnt really have the stage 2 map yet becase i havnt gt the turbo bk exhaust but ive gt the switch so i just did a dyno and put it back to stock till its installed.

Its a massive difference between stock and stage 1. Stock feels like its holding back but stage1 allows turbo to spool quicker and pull harder. Power drops after about 5500rpm but with itg filter and forge intercooler it carries on climbing till 6500rpm

danwilko90

Dakota Red Bocanegra
Dec 26, 2010
Seaham
Sounds good man and ano revolution motorsport in newc do 6 month interest free finance ha

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
They should have made the silicone hose bit into a 90 degree bit and then had the filter sat vertically. Im going to get some tubing from sparco and move the battery to the boot and get it sat how it should.

Saying thay it is the best filter for this engine out atm

You mean like my forge mod job lol :) Ran 187.x standard with that one. Not bad I suppose.

IMG_0583.jpg

IMG_20111204_113658.jpg

Glad your probs are all sorted now, get some vids up I wana see how an extra 20bhp makes em go!

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Thats the best set up in my opinion, got a forge filter as it was going cheap. Seems to be doing it for me for now so until I have reason to change it, i wont.

Dan, This is mine stage 1 with the induction kit. I think stage 1 first then stage 2 :p

http://youtu.be/dXJGm2Dwj38

Jay

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2011
Second hand forge £80 and the pipe/silicone/butterfly clips from a sirroco tsi kit £30ish

When you going all out then Lucifer getting the exhaust n what not?

Jay

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
And yea thats the setup i want.

Getting me exhust when i get time off in march to drop it down in the working day. Itl only take 5 hours for this custom job. Its gunna be a beast. Will be looking for low 13s on the 1/4mile.

Last edited:

lucifer666

Dec 17, 2006
Cardiff
Full stage 2 exhaust custom made. Itg induction kit. Forge twintercooler. Semi slick tyres. Lightweight alloys. Octane booster

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.