280mm - 312mm discs pro's con's ?

Olly20VT

Jun 8, 2004
Stroud Glos ,England
There are lots of people now getting the TT 312mm disc/calepers upgrade.
What are the pro's to getting this? Are the calepers any more powerfull? I know the discs are bigger wich means the braking surface is bigger bit its not by much.
Also being 5 stud you have to drill the disc, is this safe unde load?
Cheers
Olly

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
biggest con I can think of is no ready supply of discs - so changes have to include remachining.

gazjones

the difference in performance onmy car 288mm -312mm is very good but i can see your consern about the drilling of the disk it does look weaker. but the set up is very good

gazjones

i can only vouch for the performance as they fit perfectly to my car but i agree with you being slighly concerned on the safty of the disks as ive seen the places the holes are drilled and it dosent leave a full hole around the bolt

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
discs are held in as per the wheels by clamping force so hole weakness isnt that bad an issue

Dec 31, 2005
London
Havent fitted mine as yet, but got them checked by vagtech who concur that they will fit with no probs and be a good upgrade :)
Here are the pics of them from exsaxoboy when fitted to his ibiza
Photo-0107.jpg

Picture539.jpg

UncleFester

Grumpier by the day!
Apr 30, 2006
Milton Keynes
www.facebook.com
Went from 288 to 312 on a heavy Tdi Leon and the difference is noticeable .... a cheap worthwhile upgrade i think. On a lighter ibiza ... i can see them being highly effective. Can't comment on fit issues but as Gaz said, i agree it's worth doing.

Yumann

May 17, 2002
Glasgow
You can get a delivery miliage set for 255 inc delivery. That includes discs, carriers, calipers.

Can't go wong wih that.

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Redrilling the disc is no hardship, just bolt a handy drive flange to the disc and drill right through:shrug:

Im going to get a set of seat sport callipers after xmas for my mk3 cupra and mork said you had a set on your cordoba, what disc's and brake lines have you used mate ?

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
Im going to get a set of seat sport callipers after xmas for my mk3 cupra and mork said you had a set on your cordoba, what disc's and brake lines have you used mate ?

Used std ate discs and had grooves milled into them, brake lines are braided SS - fabricated from off the shelve unions & pipe

I hope you have loads of room behind your wheels

jonesya3

Dec 28, 2005
Liverpool
Used std ate discs and had grooves milled into them, brake lines are braided SS - fabricated from off the shelve unions & pipe

I hope you have loads of room behind your wheels

I have 17 " oz super T's i think there a 38 offset but not had them off in ages so would have to check, a 38 offset should clear the callipers shouldnt it ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.