3" DP & Sports Cat - OEM System

JamJay

California Bound
Hi all, just a quicky that I can't get the answer from using search, although I remember a post about it...deleted in last purge? Anywho, I am likely to be buying a 3" DP and Sports Cat for a mk1 LCR, however money only permits this and new brakes this month so I was wondering, can I fit it to my baby OEM SEAT Sport system cat-back until I can bolt a proper cat-back on?

turbin

thats the way Im currently running. After the cat the gases accelerate and the difference between stock 2.5" to a 3" is marginal. Might be a microscopic tad more restrictive bcs the oem pipes have been clamped and have some slight angeled bends.

Chrissy20vt

Nov 2, 2009
I have a custom decat, and 3" DP mated to my std cat back OEM, shortly coming off as it really just sounds the same as std, I think the cat back stainless will unlock the true potential of the DP and decat.. I hope!

Chrissy

turbin

I noticed it breathed a little easier on higher rpm's but largest improvement was the sound. Now it just sounds the part. Get a race cat. I have 120 cell. =D

I got a fleabay DP. Fitment was horrible but we managed to drill and weld it into place. Stainless steel tho so it's still there...

I'm in Riga, Latvia now btw. on duty

turbin

Thanks for the replies. Which part fitted badly? Was it the ebay downpipe or is it because you're going from after market 3" to OEM 2.5"?

Everything was bad fitting wise with the ebay pipe. I got ensured twice from the seller that the dp would fit my 04 LCR. Very specific. When we tried to bolt it on nothing fitted. Had to drill out the holes to bolt it on the turbo. Barely cleared the heatshield on its way down. Came out awkward so we had to slant cut two pieces to make it happen. Also the 2nd o2 port was sealed so we needed to drill a hole there. Oh, and the cat probably don't work at all, but hey! At least it haven't fallen off yet :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.