3 out of 3 for SEAT at Brands

spyke85 said:
did anybody take pictures?

Sorry mate, there was a public ban on photography.
all cameras/video/phones had to be surrendered on the gate. Collection from the local police station with proof of identity in 6 months :(

Only Joking :lol:

Quite a few peeps today with nice SLR's, so i guess a few pics may be posted up soon.

Got some (crap) pics - upload them in the morning :)

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Thanks for today

Absolutely superb result, the team did a cracking job and Thommo and JP delivered,.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great turnout, SEAT Sport do take notice and they really appreciate the support, so well done folks.

I spoke to Scott when we were arriving earlier on this morning, they were hoping they would give us something to cheer about, and boy did they deliver. :clap:

F2Stu deserves a great deal of thanks, as it was Stu who handed out the passes to you all this morning, a stirling effort, couldn't of done it without him, so cheers.

I'm chilling here in the hotel again, got ourselves a few bevvies to celebrate, and a nice ruby. Heading back home in the morning.

Nice to meet the usual crowd and some new faces too, hope you all enjoyed the day. Hope to see some of you again soon.

Ireland we don't usually do anything, as its logistically difficult for us and the team, but i'll be ready for Oulton Park next month, at least I can sleep in my own bed for that one ;)

orca said:
Scott Dennis was on about their man being the first BTCC car home so therefore was the winner!!

it was the first car home irrespective of what rules and weight regulations.

First passed the line = winner!
Cheers to Z and Stu, sterling job today, I counted 33 (including Ken's ASBO) at one point, but didn't recount later

Prize of the day for dirtiest car must belong to F2 STU, although he did say it hadn't been washed since November (the car, that is )

2nd place goes to Johnsey

3rd place goes to Nick (cup rahh) who turned up in the dealer sponsored Leon, that should have been pristine, but was filthy

Last edited:

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
I'm sick of the competitors harping on about their weight, it was bollocks last year, and its bollocks now. If you studied the race, the Astra's, TD Honda's and the VX seemed to have pace on the Leon, and were equally in position to compete.

Why the Leon worked is it was balanced and it looked after its tyres, and was able to lap after lap, stick in the times. It suited Brands Hatch Indy, which is a short circuit, and hard to pass on.

It may not suit the later circuits in the series. And i think it would be poor judgement of the BTCC administration to make changes at this early stage in the championship after just one round, without seeing how they perform at Mondello and Oulton Park, which have a good mix of fast straights and flowing bends.

Im biased as a SEAT supporter, and obviously my opinion doesn't count for much, but I can voice it anyway.

Rather than asking for weight of the SEAT to be reduced, the competitors should be raising their game. SEAT had a bad season last year, they've come back rejuvinated, banked on experience and a new car to see them progress, so far its working, they have raised their game and deserve their success.

Last edited:

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
winners winners winners they are only moaning as they are dog todd and dont like losing, TOUGH if you cant take it f**koff and build a proper car YEAH the one that you were looking at is arse all day !!!! 3-0 and happy as hell

Leon

Jul 29, 2003
Scotland
They had 30kg extra added during their runaway in 2001 where they won all but one race. (other race was really a fluke for Anthony Reid's MG last round of 2001 at Brands which was affected by rain)

spyke85 said:

JT on his way to victory in race 1:D

IMG_3066.jpg

JP doing the business in race 3:D

IMG_3943.jpg

Was an awesome day:clap:

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
This is what happens when you allow 2 types of specifications of car to compete for the same championship - it doesnt work as someone will always plead poverty.

I look forward to an entire feild of S2000 cars.

I'd also like to thank those who made it, handing out the passes worked better than I thought especially when the the organisers got the jitters about the backlog of car wanting to park and closed southbank to those without a pass - though if we ever have to hand out passess on the day again, please display the SCN sign in a prominent way, its no good if its tucked away where I cant see it;)

Looking forward to the next round:)

that's a couple of real quality shots, you gat any more???

haven't even looked at my crappy efforts, or video yet????

there were many questions earlier today as to why the front BTCC number plate was pissed????? any clues from anyone?? :)

F2 Stu said:
though if we ever have to hand out passess on the day again, please display the SCN sign in a prominent way, its no good if its tucked away where I cant see it;)

Stu, you had a tough job today.

In the future, is it worth sending a PDF that prints at the bottom of an A4 instead of the top?????

i had to doctor mine, in order to sit over the passenger sunvisor, and still be in view. Laying on the dashboard does nobody any favours!
IT'S NOT PAY AND DISPLAY, ALL THE HARD WORK IS DONE FOR ALL OF US, THE LEAST WE CAN DO IS MAKE IT EASY :yes:

Vicky M said:
that's a couple of real quality shots, you gat any more???

haven't even looked at my crappy efforts, or video yet????

there were many questions earlier today as to why the front BTCC number plate was pissed????? any clues from anyone?? :)

Thanks , I have loads , just started sorting them so it may take a bit !

Lap 19 of race 2 saw JP's Seat involved in a "racing incident" :p with 2 Hondas Jason finished fith and the Integras were both DNF::whistle:

IMG_3324.jpg

Darth Bear

johnyellowcupra said:
JT on his way to victory in race 1:D

JP doing the business in race 3:D

Was an awesome day:clap:

Nice Photo's, well taken that man! :)

johnyellowcupra said:
Thanks , I have loads , just started sorting them so it may take a bit !

Lap 19 of race 2 saw JP's Seat involved in a "racing incident" :p with 2 Hondas Jason finished fith and the Integras were both DNF::whistle:

IMG_3324.jpg

there was a HUGE roar from Southbank at that point!
I hope JP doesn't get penalised, it wasn't his fault :no:
everyone could see the battle scars where Jordan hit the back of the Leon, causing SHEDdon to exit at paddock [B)]

Was well in to photography quite a few years ago, had a couple of grand's worth of Prakitka with Zeiss lenses before digital came out.
Must admit, you can really tell the difference between a "shot" and a "snap"

my Olympus 4mp takes great pics, but there's no depth of field, or definition to the photo :no: :)

Last edited:

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
spyke85 said:

I think most of us were taking pictures etc

Me, Martin, George and Ken (until he went) spent most of the day going up and down to views of the track to take pictures, ill put them up tonight, got some awesome 'In Motion' shots of the new Leons during the race ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.