3 out of 3 for SEAT at Brands

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Vicky M said:
fantastic day, great results, considering it is a new car.
Great return to BTCC for Thommo, - there were discussions this morning as to the odds on James winning the championship in only 6 meets :yes:

Nice to meet some new peeps, and see old faces, Stu, Tim, Johnsey, Big Boss Z, Ant, Phil, Georgie, Alex(apologies if i've missed anyone)

All i can say about the results today is

3 - 0

Yeah lets hope we can all go to the next one (ok may be not the Ireland one) ;)

few pics for you.

Us Early Birds, @8 o'clock (check out the sun, and nice blue sky - what happened to it?)
Mr Coyote
Zboyd
F2Stu
Ant Fr
Muzorewa
Vicky and Stu
ArosaRacer
CupraRracer
CU51PRA
Kier
Tris
Cup Rahh
H-Man
Tim the Brief

P4090001.jpg

P4090002.jpg

Jason, James and Darren, busy at lunchtime
P4090020.jpg

Both Leons on formation lap for race 3
P4090004.jpg

andyb

Admin -SCN Canada:)
Aug 29, 2001
Vancouver
www.andyblackmoredesign.com
if anyone has any pics of the SAS Porsche (Templeton and Fulkerner I believe) which they'd be happy for me to use on my new website (now live:)) please email them my way as its a derivative of one of my liveries.

Ta!

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
Great start for SEAT! Unfortunately couldn't make Brands but watched the action on TV. Somehow it seemed different without Muller...It was unfortunate to see Mat Neals car flying off it would have been better if he'd finished but never mind plenty more races left to get some some more solid racing in. I'm impressed with Thompson's wins too, although the Seats looked slow off the start they sure had enough power to be in the flow to overtake and WIN!

Chilton's comments about JP made me laugh...so immature!

ArosaRacer said:
Chilton is a boy needs teaching a lesson from JP on a nice fast straight

I can guess what you're alluding to, but I'd rather he didn't, as it might be me that has to scrape up the mess afterwards.

I think several people taught him a lesson on Sunday. They showed him that he might be lightning over a single lap, but his consistency and racecraft suck. He was going defensive too early, and when he was defensive he kept letting people by too easily. Thommo showed him how to drive defensively & effectively in race 2.

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
Don't forget tonight, TIN TOP TUESDAY Radio show, from 8pm on 0157 (Sky Digital) or stream it from www.tintoptuesday.com.

Presented by Alan Hyde, BTCC Pitlane commentator, and Matt James (motorsport news)

Lively discussion, and star interviews on all aspects of World Touring car racing, including the BTCC. Expect this evening to be heavy on post Brands Hatch analysis, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear from at least one of the SEAT UK drivers.

Your views, and your emails and texts too.

Should be well worth a listen tonight. :)

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
johnyellowcupra said:
Thanks , I have loads , just started sorting them so it may take a bit !

Lap 19 of race 2 saw JP's Seat involved in a "racing incident" :p with 2 Hondas Jason finished fith and the Integras were both DNF::whistle:

IMG_3324.jpg

Excellent shot. What camera/settings were you using out of interest.

Anymore photos anyone???? I didn't go so would like to see load more photos:)

CH1

Jul 6, 2004
PipSqueak111 said:
I thought JP's comment on Chilton on Motors TV was even better:
"We've nicknamed him 'Portaloo' because he's full of it!"
:lol: Had me laughing so much it hurt when I saw it last night.

ah yeah how could I forget that one!

ArosaRacer

Wee man returns in a fL mk2 cupra
Aug 28, 2005
Bayview, Kent
PipSqueak111 said:
I can guess what you're alluding to, but I'd rather he didn't, as it might be me that has to scrape up the mess afterwards.

I think several people taught him a lesson on Sunday. They showed him that he might be lightning over a single lap, but his consistency and racecraft suck. He was going defensive too early, and when he was defensive he kept letting people by too easily. Thommo showed him how to drive defensively & effectively in race 2.

Yeah but a nice spin will sort out the 50p hair cut his mummy did, he looks like a 14 year old on an asbo:happy:

CH1 said:
Excellent shot. What camera/settings were you using out of interest.

Anymore photos anyone???? I didn't go so would like to see load more photos:)

thanks , its a canon 30D and this was with the canon 100-400 L , shot on shutter priority @ 1/320 gave an aperture of f8 @ iso 200 , I use shutterspeeds below 400 if poss so as to try and not freeze the motion , go as low as 1/60 for panning.
if you google opanda you can get a good free exif viewer then with a right click and view exif you can read the camera info.
I have load more images but didnt want to spam with them.

Zboyd & F2stu going to Hailwoods for a pint:
IMG_3164.jpg

IMG_3155.jpg

IMG_3174.jpg

ZBOYD

Looking up at the stars!
May 19, 2001
Cheshire
www.seatcupra.net
ArosaRacer said:
is that a Tomtom on Thompson dash? LOL

Its actually behind him, its the BTCC Fuji spy cams, the administration use these to view what the driver was doing, if he is involved in an incident. Allows the officials to get a clearer picture of an incident, rather than relying on just the drivers interpretation. :whistle:

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise