300hp tdi

hakanturhan

Hi..

Which turbo?
Which clutch set?
Which exhaust system?
Which software?
Which injectors?
Which other things are needed for a 300hp or more hp Ibıza Cupra TDI???

hakanturhan

Hi..:D

Which turbo?
Which clutch set?
Which exhaust system?
Which software?
Which injectors?
Which other things are needed for a 300hp:-o or more hp Ibıza Cupra TDI???:clap:

T. Spark

use the search:)

Well thats helpful when NO-ONE has ever got 300hp from a Cupra TDi before :confused:

You will need a big turbo ;) I got told the hybrid V6 tdi is good for 300bhp, with that amount of power IMHO the only clutch I would look at is a Helix clutch rated to well over 400lb.ft. Exhaust, a full de-cat 3'0inch system should do once you have the custom needed manifold for either end. Software, take your pick, thats down to who you prefer, im sure a few good mappers in the UK could do it? Jabba? RS? P-Torque? As far as injectors go, id say you will need to upgrade, to which ones I dont know. Alot of people upgrade to say get 250hp however ive been told that the standard ones are good for this, anything after will need them. As far as what else is needed, id imagine it being very laggy even with 300hp so a NOS system for anti-lag perhaps to make it truely fast? Then obv you will need a L.S.D + everything handling mod available, no point having that power and not putting it down on the tarmac now is there. Ohh and W.I with a hint of methnol to keep temps down id imagine would be a good thing.

You will need alot of money :)

hakanturhan

T. Spark
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross p View Post
use the search
Well thats helpful when NO-ONE has ever got 300hp from a Cupra TDi before

You will need a big turbo I got told the hybrid V6 tdi is good for 300bhp, with that amount of power IMHO the only clutch I would look at is a Helix clutch rated to well over 400lb.ft. Exhaust, a full de-cat 3'0inch system should do once you have the custom needed manifold for either end. Software, take your pick, thats down to who you prefer, im sure a few good mappers in the UK could do it? Jabba? RS? P-Torque? As far as injectors go, id say you will need to upgrade, to which ones I dont know. Alot of people upgrade to say get 250hp however ive been told that the standard ones are good for this, anything after will need them. As far as what else is needed, id imagine it being very laggy even with 300hp so a NOS system for anti-lag perhaps to make it truely fast? Then obv you will need a L.S.D + everything handling mod available, no point having that power and not putting it down on the tarmac now is there. Ohh and W.I with a hint of methnol to keep temps down id imagine would be a good thing.

You will need alot of money

Thank you for the answer T. Spark...

@devonutopia
How could you get 260??? Is there a way to reach 300hps with a similar setup with you??

Which parts are the best for highest hp??

T. Spark

I am set to run 260hp (max of my TD2 turbo) as soon as I clean out my inlet mani, egr and pipes, add W.I and then turn the map up a tad :)

I believe he has a VT5, which should just about be good for 300hp?

Have you got a cupra tdi already? what mods do you have?

230bhp is easy enough to get to, then add a few other bits to get closer to 260hp however at that you will need alot more work done.

Devon - Do you have a new racing cam?

hakanturhan

I am set to run 260hp (max of my TD2 turbo) as soon as I clean out my inlet mani, egr and pipes, add W.I and then turn the map up a tad :)

I believe he has a VT5, which should just about be good for 300hp?

Have you got a cupra tdi already? what mods do you have?

230bhp is easy enough to get to, then add a few other bits to get closer to 260hp however at that you will need alot more work done.

Devon - Do you have a new racing cam?

Yes I have a 05 Cupra TDI...

modifications are:

Gt 2052 compressor from a volvo d5 and stock 17vb manifold and turbine
Turbo-back exhaust
Green Panel Filter
Custom remap

With this setup I already have problems like clutch slip, ECL at 200 210km/h, and boost issues (positive or negative deviatoion @ higher or lower ends)...:blink:

I am running around 30psi and currently Cupra is faster than a 230 hp Civic Type-R

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Cupra-Tdi-vs-Ctr_182313.htm :lol:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ep3-TyperFan-vs-Cupra_188786.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Astra-coupe_189062.htm

CLOSED TO TRAFFIC:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

T. Spark

Hmm normally a negative/positive problem is due to the VNT sticking? What power do you have already? Are you running a standard clutch I assume?

Upgrade the clutch then look at a water/methnol mix to lower inlet temps, people have reported a 15hp increase just in lowering temps nevermind then mapping around them.

hakanturhan

Hmm normally a negative/positive problem is due to the VNT sticking? What power do you have already? Are you running a standard clutch I assume?

Upgrade the clutch then look at a water/methnol mix to lower inlet temps, people have reported a 15hp increase just in lowering temps nevermind then mapping around them.

Clutch is standart and it is slipping if I see like 20psi or more at 2000-3500rpm range...

Which turbocharger and manifold should I use???? Can u give me a link with prices written??

And you said water/methanol mix.. Will it be like spraying on the intercooler???

T. Spark

I cant give you a link to the turbo or manifold im afriad as I dont myself. However Turbo Dynamics do the V6 hybrid but you will need to then source a custom manifold as the V6 obv. wont fit otherwise.

W.I spray would be fitted to the Seat Sport intercooler and sprays 'inside' the intercooler not on it as such.

How much torque are you running then out of interest? lb.ft or Nm?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Hi..

Which turbo?
Which clutch set?
Which exhaust system?
Which software?
Which injectors?
Which other things are needed for a 300hp or more hp Ibıza Cupra TDI???

Just my opinion for a road car:

Turbo
A GT2556V will produce 280-290bhp with some NOS 300bhp+ could be made.
A hybrid GT3067V will make 300bhp+.

Clutch
Spec 3+ or a South Bend clutch.

Exhaust.
Anything you like as long as it is free flowing and bigger the better within reason.

Software.
You can have the best software in the world but if the mapper doesn`t know how to use it or map diesel cars it doesn`t mean diddle.

Injectors.
R783 injectors will reach 260-280 bhp. There are larger injectors on the market but not suitable for road use. Extra fueling usually comes from water/methanol or propane.

Theres lots of ways to reach 300+ bhp but it comes down to funds, what the car is wanted/needed for, your personal likes/dislikes etc.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I am on the lookout for a good, reliable cam. I've been bitten once by a dodgy cam and I don't intend to repeat that. I have a new map on the way which I hope will see me higher. Boost is being upped to 2.2 bar and hopefully cleaned up a bit too. Just struggling with the uploading.

260 is achieved mainly thanks to the nitrous and water/meth, but as neither have been mapped for the car feels just as fast with it turned off and is does with it on.

hakanturhan

Just my opinion for a road car:

Turbo
A GT2556V will produce 280-290bhp with some NOS 300bhp+ could be made.
A hybrid GT3067V will make 300bhp+.

Clutch
Spec 3+ or a South Bend clutch.

Exhaust.
Anything you like as long as it is free flowing and bigger the better within reason.

Software.
You can have the best software in the world but if the mapper doesn`t know how to use it or map diesel cars it doesn`t mean diddle.

Injectors.
R783 injectors will reach 260-280 bhp. There are larger injectors on the market but not suitable for road use. Extra fueling usually comes from water/methanol or propane.

Theres lots of ways to reach 300+ bhp but it comes down to funds, what the car is wanted/needed for, your personal likes/dislikes etc.

So if we decide on gt2556, which manifold will we use???

We are talking about 280-300 hps so will the stoch head need some changes like bigger ports or valves??

and cams?? stock cams with 300hp???

T. Spark

Cams are a weird subject, ive heard a few say they will do good for more power, others say its not worth the hassle.

hakanturhan

Cams are a weird subject, ive heard a few say they will do good for more power, others say its not worth the hassle.

Its a diesel car, and daily driven....:)

what kind of hassles? Have you heard about them?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
So if we decide on gt2556, which manifold will we use???

We are talking about 280-300 hps so will the stoch head need some changes like bigger ports or valves??

and cams?? stock cams with 300hp???

You can modify the original log manifold that came with the GT2556 so it fits your engine or get a custom tubilar manifold made. You will not "need" bigger valves or port the head but it all helps then again how much money are you willing to throw at the project as you can get forged pistons and rods but do you really "need" them ? Stay with the stock cam for road use. Unless it`s a race/drag car where you will never be below 3000rpm a cam on a low reving diesel car is a bad idea as you will gain some power at the top but loose power low down making for an even shorter useable rev range to drive with.

hakanturhan

You can modify the original log manifold that came with the GT2556 so it fits your engine or get a custom tubilar manifold made..

If I install gt2556, what will happen to VNT system????? does that turbocharger has a VNT system??

Is it possible to modifiy original manifold(gt17vb manifold) to fit gt2556???

And when will the Cupra start boosting with gt 2556????

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members