300hp tdi

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
If I install gt2556, what will happen to VNT system????? does that turbocharger has a VNT system??

Is it possible to modifiy original manifold(gt17vb manifold) to fit gt2556???

And when will the Cupra start boosting with gt 2556????

GT2556 is a VNT turbo that works off vacuum just the same as your present turbo. The gt17vb manifold is far to small for the gt2556. Turbo should be comming on boost by 2200rpm and full boost by about 3000rpm. All depends on the mapping and other mods really.

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I'm looking forward to my car's imminent results. I FINALLY got my new map installed on my flashing device, so should have it uploaded soon to my car. I need to install my 4 bar map sensor first though as the new map takes account of this (stock map sensor can only request 2 bar, and my new one is goign to requesting 2.2 bar :D)

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I'm looking forward to my car's imminent results. I FINALLY got my new map installed on my flashing device, so should have it uploaded soon to my car. I need to install my 4 bar map sensor first though as the new map takes account of this (stock map sensor can only request 2 bar, and my new one is goign to requesting 2.2 bar :D)

Mine peaks at 2.2 bar do I need a 4 bar map sensor?
Will this cure my smoke on hard acceleration?
Glynn

Last edited:

T. Spark

Mine peaks at 2.2 bar do I need a 4 bar map sensor?
Will this cure my smoke on hard acceleration?
Gkynn

As in spikes every so often at 2.2BAR? Might be the cue for your smoke, just had bad is it? Got any vids?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
So the solution to the smoke is to get the torque reduced?
By doing this surely I will get a reduction in power which will make more smoke due to the hybrid boost pressure being too low?
Glynn

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
As in spikes every so often at 2.2BAR? Might be the cue for your smoke, just had bad is it? Got any vids?

I will get a vid of it as it bleedin hilarious how much, but embarrasing when trying to join traffic from a junction! Can say I am fed up with it as I cant enjoy the power.
Glynn

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
It's possible you need a 4 bar sensor, yes. Thing is, you'll need the boost adjusting as the 4 bar sensor will knock 5 psi off the requested boost figures. That's why I need to install my sensor, then flash the ECU. :)

The stock map sensor is rated to 3 bar, which includes atmospheric pressure of around 1000 millibars. Therefore, in order to request over 2 bar, you need a new sensor. Your car is only capable of requesting 2 bar therefore so the fact you're seeing 2.2 on the gauge is either a boost spike during overboost, or if it sustained 2.2 bar, it's probably mis-reading by a little way.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
So the solution to the smoke is to get the torque reduced?
By doing this surely I will get a reduction in power which will make more smoke due to the hybrid boost pressure being too low?
Glynn

Your torque seems very high for the quoted bhp. Compare your bhp/torque figures to others with hybrids and your bhp is lower and torque figures higher. You can lower the torque quite a lot with loosing very few bhp. If i was you i would phone Jabba and just ask them to alter the map so that it`s a nice clean fast road car not a map to quote high torque numbers. There`s no point in having spent a lot of money to have a hybrid fitted so as to have lots of power if you look /feel like an idiot when driving it because it smokes so bad.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Yes indeed I have noticed other cars with hybrids producing 225hp and 320lbft.
The other alternative is to get the power increased to make a more balanced engine in relation to power/torque?
Glynn

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I never got to see a large scan of your dyno but to have 351lb torque with 207 bhp does it have a big torque spike low down which then dives quickly like this.
2633712306_9d71067580.jpg

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
It did spike like that but before jabba remapped it. It spiked at 365lbft and had 190bhp.
Michael at Jabba commented that he thought my turbo was struggling to produce power at the top end after the final map which its running now.
I repalced the air mass meter last week as from vagcom results it looked lazy. Its better than it was but still smokes more than I had hoped .
So have I got;
A further problem with the vnt actuation ie n75, but had a new one 6 months ago
Or an aggressive map which normally produces 350ish lbft and say 230hp but the vnt system has a fault some where and I am not getting the boost higher up.
Logging on Saturday then to measure actual vs requested then a call to jabba I guess?
Glynn

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
365lbft and had 190bhp :wtf::flamed: I bet that smoked like hell. Best try and sort it out with Jabba at the end of the day as i know nothing about how they mapped your car or even seen a dyno plot. If you paid for a custom map it should be custom to how you want it though. To be getting that amount of torque with such a low bhp figure from a hybrid turbo they must be either flooding the engine with diesel low down so when the turbo comes on boost the excess diesel gets burned off in a big bang of torque and smoke which then dies down when the excess is burned off or something is wrong with the engine somewhere causing a crap air/fuel ratio which is why you have a low bhp but high torque figure. Cannot really help more then that. :shrug:

T. Spark

Is sort of in the same boat.

I have 226bhp and 375lb.ft and mine does smoke more than I would like (like you I feel daft if I put my foot down!)

However, ive just replaced a few intercooler pipes as they had got 'holes' in them due to rubbing after a bracket for the intercooler had come off. So hoping the clean, new pipe and tighten it all up lowers the smoke levels.

Look forward to a vid, I will try and do one also :D

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
365lbft and had 190bhp :wtf::flamed: I bet that smoked like hell. Best try and sort it out with Jabba at the end of the day as i know nothing about how they mapped your car or even seen a dyno plot. If you paid for a custom map it should be custom to how you want it though. To be getting that amount of torque with such a low bhp figure from a hybrid turbo they must be either flooding the engine with diesel low down so when the turbo comes on boost the excess diesel gets burned off in a big bang of torque and smoke which then dies down when the excess is burned off or something is wrong with the engine somewhere causing a crap air/fuel ratio which is why you have a low bhp but high torque figure. Cannot really help more then that. :shrug:
Smoke like hell it did and still does.
Got me worried now something wrong with my engine? God knows, it only uses 250ml of oil between 10k services not losing coolant, quick enough to leave a boxster at 100mph then foot down. I have tried to get the graph bigger but photo bucket is not having it. I will scan it at work then pm it to you devon! Jabba here I come though what can they do apart from spend another 8 hours on it eh?
Glynn

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
mine smokes like hell too. im running the same ish as t sparks figures. I had it mapped at rs as well. i was worse but rs tuning dialed it down bit. what has helped is putting fuel cleaners in, deisel redex and millers

Russ_tdi

Mar 8, 2006
mine is jabba mapped at 244bhp and 380lbft and duse not smoke more than i would expect,
very little on normal driving,
little more than std booting it and vis in the mirror wen giving it a lot ie track.

had it on the RR couple of weeks back and the torque cerve is nice and smooth.

hakanturhan

I am still using the stock map sensor and its peaking up to 34psi (2,3bar), continious is around 28 psi (1,9 bar) Can this be the reason of my "positive or negative deviation" boost problem with a check engine light?? :)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.