300hp tdi

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Been back to Jabba today at kev has altered the fuelling a little.
Seems to have done the trick although waiting for the opportunity to blast it around the lanes to know for sure. When I spoke to kev at jabba I mentioned I was concerned over comments that I had too much torque in relation to the power output.He laughed and commented that the reason other companies hybrids maps run less torque and more power is because they dont know how to get higher torque on moderate power.
Anyway needless to say all at jabba are very friendly and I would not hesitate to recommend them to anybody :yes::yes::yes:

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
The reason other companies don`t run such high torque compared to bhp on road cars is because they SMOKE LIKE HELL !:doh: Since torque is what is going to damage/brake transmission/clutch etc and higher the torque the more traction problems your going to have on a FWD car is another little ( beeing sarcastic ) reason. You might of wanted to ask Kev if he knows so much why you are only getting 207bhp from your hybrid which isn`t far off what you had from your stock turbo if they can get such high torque figures. Would be interested to down load your map for a look inside ( never going to happern i know ) and see a dyno graph from an idependant RR as i don`t trust ANY companies own RR figures. Guess you didn`t get to put your car on Jabba`s dyno after you had the car mapped to see what changes there where in the graph and numbers?

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
I did not get that opportunity tbh.
There does not seem to be any difference in the torque but since putting a new air mass meter on it it pulls harder at the top end. Maybe I have gained another 20hp and thats what the out put should be considering the map it had on it when I drove it away from Jabba last month? 225/350 sounds more in line with what others have maybe?
Glynn

john_tdi

mmm 385lbft
Feb 21, 2007
s wales
i wouldn't worry to much. I personally think no two cars are excactly the same. Mine smoked abit standard, and a fair bit when it just had a revo map, and I would of thought revo know what they are doing. I don't think a smoking car is allways a sign of a bad map.

Feb 1, 2007
Nottingham
Since torque is what is going to damage/brake transmission/clutch etc and higher the torque the more traction problems your going to have on a FWD car is another little ( beeing sarcastic ) reason.
So is your 2.0 tdi gearbox standard internally then?
Just wondering what effect 490lbft has on it if it is!
Glynn

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
At the moment the gearbox is standard yes but my new rebuild will include a CRYO treated gearbox. I don`t do drag strips or race people at lights which is where you tend to blow drive shafts ( Devon:whistle:utopia ), bend rods or break gear teeth etc. Forged rods is also on order though for the new engine.

T. Spark

It doesnt, as what he is saying is he drives it like a grandad ;)

pipe

Well thats helpful when NO-ONE has ever got 300hp from a Cupra TDi before :confused:

You will need a big turbo ;) I got told the hybrid V6 tdi is good for 300bhp, with that amount of power IMHO the only clutch I would look at is a Helix clutch rated to well over 400lb.ft. Exhaust, a full de-cat 3'0inch system should do once you have the custom needed manifold for either end. Software, take your pick, thats down to who you prefer, im sure a few good mappers in the UK could do it? Jabba? RS? P-Torque? As far as injectors go, id say you will need to upgrade, to which ones I dont know. Alot of people upgrade to say get 250hp however ive been told that the standard ones are good for this, anything after will need them. As far as what else is needed, id imagine it being very laggy even with 300hp so a NOS system for anti-lag perhaps to make it truely fast? Then obv you will need a L.S.D + everything handling mod available, no point having that power and not putting it down on the tarmac now is there. Ohh and W.I with a hint of methnol to keep temps down id imagine would be a good thing.

You will need alot of money :)

Its possible make 350Hps in a 1.9Tdi in portugal....

look that power test:

http://www.ibizaclubpt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55193

Its a project by MB Power,that guys also work in a project at USA...look:

http://www.pbase.com/mwphoto0524/image/101477541

pipe

Exist some videos in the youtube about this Tdi project,comparatives with another cars
but more stronguers,like a FIAT COUPE(280hps),AUDI TT(280hps),SEAT LEON CUPRA(290Hps/with another file),HONDA CIVIC TYPE R(250hps),and others....

Find in the youtube search:IBIZA POLINI

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon

The mapper is Migual who used to write Allards maps. Chilli pepper racing is the American race car company who Allards used to tune until Chilli pepper got Garrett to be an offical sponsor/tuner where they came up with a one off turbo set up. The heighest bhp PD130 i know of is 428 bhp owned/tuned by Marek or stingray as he is also known as.

pipe

Yes,Its Miguel Patrocinio one off the best chiptunner i now....

The jetta have twin turbos,a motor with 2000cm3,and 16valves....

The ibiza Have one turbo,1900cm3 and 8 valves.....

Miguel works with a partner,names Bekas,he is the number one turbo guy.....

They have many secrets in diesel power,that ibiza i now,its the best 1.9Tdi in portugal,there are many Tdis here,normaly round the 240/280hps and 510/530Nms....

I think,the turbos are responsable for the power create in diesels,its easy make
250/260hps with a Gt2359,or a Gt2260,but the limit off preasure its not stronger,its possible to make 2.2bars maximum in that turbos.....

The MB power,have turbos with variable geometry here thay make more than 3bars off preassure....its very nice.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
I have met Miguel Patrocinio when he came to England. Very quiet person but i have a lot of respect for him as a mapper. Just bought myself a GT3063v and hopefully getting it converted to a GT3067v to get fitted to my new engine build som will be interesting to see what that makes power wise.Miguel Patrocinio used to map my car but doesn`t answer mym emails now so have to use other people.

pipe

Hello....

You use a GT3067 in a 2.0Tdi..???

But its not a turbo with variable geometry...?!!

What power have you be in mine...?

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Gt3067v is a hybrid out of gt30v hot side and gt3267WG. Gt3267WG is more common than gt32v, so it's cheaper donour for the compressor. Turbine and the exhaust housing including the vnt system is from gt30v, so the outcome is a real vnt. This hybrid can be made vacuum controlled quite easily and you can use it with your original ECU.So a GT3067v hybrid can be used without an expensive ( 2000 euro )control module unlike a GT32v. Would be nice to break 400bhp with the rest of the new mods planned but 380 bhp + is a more realistic figure.

pipe

What kind off pressure he made,at the maximum...?

And what RPM has he completely full off air...?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise