330 4pot brakes for Ibiza cupra

No Fear

Hello all,

got a few questions about this mod

Is it possible to upgrade the stock 4 pot brakes by a 330x 28? or 330x30 4 pot brembo etc kit without clearance problems with the stock ibiza cupra wheels?

You can get hold of 2 types brembo 4 pots

330x 28 with the small junior kit callipers

and 330x 30? with the large callipers.

What could be fitted?

Do i need to machine any supports for the callipers too or they are included in the kit?

thanks

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
Why on earth would you want to spend hundreds of pounds on a different set of 4-pots? The AP's are easily comparable with Brembo's.

I'm sure it's possible to do it however, the brembo calipers aren't as wide as the AP's iirc, so they should fit behind the wheels providing the disc diameter allows. Best bet is to try it and see if they fit tbh, there can't be many, if any people on here who've swapped AP's for brembos.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Rich, he's from Greece so doesn't have the AP's. It was only the UK that got them as standard, europe got normal 312mm setup.

No Fear

Er???

Nope we had them as optional, 312 APs... ;)

Extra 1500 euros for that version. I think all europe had them.

Well the dealers used to import nearly all of the cupras with APs so 9 out of 10 cars have them :).

Along with the spare cupra wheel ;)

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
So you have the AP's but want to change them :blink:

Why not just get some uprated pads and discs? Thats what I have done and it stops in a dime now :)

I did know that they were a optional extra too ;)

No Fear

i have bought brembo drilled discs, goodridge high pressure lines, motul rbf 600 fluid and ferodo ds2500 pads

In the rear i got them upgraded with new 252 audi S3 brakes, with drilled discs, ferodo pads, again goodridge etc.

I got rid of a the cds in a few words...

I know brembos have higher stopping power. The easy option is the 323 kit but i am looking for something bigger....

so thats why i am asking for the 330s... ;)

brembos have higher stopping power.

(lol got to stop posting from my brothers pc since my nick is brwmogazos lol)

what power does your car have to warrant uprgradeing your current four pot calipers?
by the sounds of what you have done to your brakes you should have plenty of stopping power.
personally i wouldnt bother upgrading the ap calipers unless i had a stupid amount of power and money but if i did then it would be to 6 pot calipers if i could get them to fit.

Last edited:

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Ok logged in with my account

Revo stage 2 on boost 9 and timing 9
SS stock FMIC
bosch f5dp0r sparks
neuspeed thermostat
evoheatshield intake mani gasket
forge tip
pipercross C0177 cone filter
forge 006 bov
3 inch downpipe
100cpsi vic cat (or decat when needed)
63.5mm cat back unresonated

N249 bypass

Thats all really engine wise

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
So you should be running circa 240bhp & 270lb/ft then?

More or less yes, arround the 240+- mark

i have seen some with 330x32 if i am not mistaken on the ibiza cupra and they fit allright.

I made a call arround here and i have been told that the 323 x 28 brembo kit is available for my car as a direct replacement kit.

For 330x whatever kit i would have to manufacture the supports for the callipers etc...

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
Yeah. I knew that since day 1 when i installed the brembo discs however if you dont push them say from 200kms to 0 without a reason for example you wont face any probs. I have friends with drilled ones without cracks. i also drive up and downhill my car so i quite push it but knowing the disc issues i never pushed them that much...anyways one hole has a big crack near it so i get a lot of vibration when i brake...so i have to remove them and send them back...

will get thos 6 piston 330s though and sell my callipers+stock discs etc...

Since were at it,

do you reccomend spacers for my rear wheels?

I like their looks however i dont want to destroy my cars handling setup (if they affect it on a bad way that is)

SO if handling gets worse or aerodynamics or whatever i will not fit them. If its fine i will...just on the rear

Deamox1fy

Very very nice looking brakes.. Pricing on those?

Spacers, yes get them.. Improves handling quite a bit, helps more when you have coilovers or lowered suspension..

brwmogazos

Interceptor
Apr 19, 2006
South Greece
1500 euros
on the dealer

1400 euros on the net...

20mm spacers with toyos R888 = no rubbing on the rear arch?

R888 are no round on the corners...quite rectangular

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise