343mm X 28mm floating 2 piece discs on standard LCR wheels?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hello

I have been meaning to really get a decent set of front brakes for my LCR. Been looking at 343mm x 28mm fully floating discs that have been confirmed they will fit on standard 4 pot Brembo.

My concern is; I really don't want to change my standard OEM wheels. But even with the uprated carriers will the wheels still fit?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but the discs are not cheap and I need to make sure before I pull the trigger.

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Hello

I have been meaning to really get a decent set of front brakes for my LCR. Been looking at 343mm x 28mm fully floating discs that have been confirmed they will fit on standard 4 pot Brembo.

My concern is; I really don't want to change my standard OEM wheels. But even with the uprated carriers will the wheels still fit?

Sorry if this is a dumb question but the discs are not cheap and I need to make sure before I pull the trigger.
The best you can do is measure the distance between the outside of the caliper and the inside of your wheel on your current setup. These are 20mm larger overall meaning 10mm in every direction or radius. Do you need any extra bracket to mount the caliper or will the stock bracket work?

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hi
Well it comes with the carrier and/or everything needed to make the 4 pots fit but I'm unsure if it will fit inside my wheel. Although saying that I have 15mm spacers on the front so it should actually shouldn't it

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
Yes I understand. Oh so it probably only becomes a problem with standard wheels if you suddenly put 6 pot or 8 pots under them...ok my bad.
Exactly what I was thinking. For example I'm putting on some Porsche Zr18 6 pots from the cayenne. They fit under most 18" wheels. I dont see why you would have a problem by increasing rotor radius 10mm. It's all about the bracket you use to mount the caliper back to the hub

Thai-wronghorse

Self proclaimed Cupra R addict & butcher!
Dec 3, 2015
Kent
Spacers only push the wheel further out from the hub, they wont make any difference to the inner circumference of the wheel.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lightup

May 27, 2019
i mean the first thing they write

"Our disc installation kit comes with everything you need to install these 2 piece 343x28mm discs using the stock Leon Cupra R 4 piston Brembo caliper. All you need is some new pads & brake fluid. "

my guess is it would fit the stock wheels as well ^^

yellow line is 312 mm disc, white line is a 343mm disc. my guess is that it fits. photo is little tilted.

wheel.png

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
i mean the first thing they write

"Our disc installation kit comes with everything you need to install these 2 piece 343x28mm discs using the stock Leon Cupra R 4 piston Brembo caliper. All you need is some new pads & brake fluid. "

my guess is it would fit the stock wheels as well ^^

yellow line is 312 mm disc, white line is a 343mm disc. my guess is that it fits. photo is little tilted.

wheel.png
Very nicely done!

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
The discs wouldn't be the issue anyway, it'd be the caliper fouling the inner rim if anything.

Reactions: Cupranewbie

lightup

May 27, 2019
312mm?...don't you mean 323mm for the stock Brembo disc set up.

then the difference is even smaller :clap:

basically the caliper has to go out around 1 cm. looks like it should fit. best to send them a email though

wheel.png

Leon20vt4

Oct 21, 2018
then the difference is even smaller :clap:

basically the caliper has to go out around 1 cm. looks like it should fit.

wheel.png
Yes ... 1cm radius as I said before... 323 to 343 not a big difference. 20mm diameter aka 2cm aka .787 inches

Thai-wronghorse

Dec 3, 2015
Kent
TBH I think you'll be safe with the carrier pushing out the caliper another10mm.
They'll be friggin close though!

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Hi guys
So I phone vagbremtechnic and they couldn't confirm if they could fit behind stock wheel.

What I DO know is even if it all does fit perfectly apparently the brake pad swept area will be much less than on a 323mm or 330mm disc so the possibility of rust on the unswept area will high.

Also does anyone know the max brake bias we can have? ie for instance can I have a 330mm front and 306mm rear or will this be too much brakes on rear?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.