400+ Miles 2 Tank

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
Because of the weather lately i've been driving excessively cautious. Filled car up today and recieved an astonishing 35.27 MPG with 400 miles on one tank. Was very impressed. Was thinkin all this money i'm saving will allow for huge boost everywhere in the spring when the conditions improve!

Last edited:

jetsetjimbo

a.k.a James
Jun 12, 2005
J2 M5
Most of my motoring is stop start I can never get that sort mileage without a serious amount of coasting no matter how smoothly I drive.

Is most of your travelling motorway miles?

keithrann

Uber
Oct 5, 2005
Roughly between 4 - 7k rpm!
It all consisted of commuting to work and back. 1 mile drive to the main single carriage way then about 10 miles on that at about 40-50mph with no traffic lights or roundabouts! Then about 6 miles on a really smooth straight back road which i cruise at about 50-60mph all way. Very easy drive. Very rearely need to brake or accelerate due to lack of cars and obstacles

ianrawlins

Munch
Mar 21, 2005
Kent
that's not fair! try sitting on the M25 for 2 hours a day and then watch the consumption go through the roof! I don't think I've ever got much higher than sustained 32 ish. Or is that the way I drive out of traffic???

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
best i have done recently is just on 350 to a tank..... I am disgusted with myself though, i seem to be driving quite fast in this weather and I know I shouldnt be.
Having said that I rarely drive at the moment though.

jenkz

Until recently I regularly got about 350 miles to a tank ........ the last couple of times i've filled up, i've been lucky to get 300.

I honestly don't think that I've been driving any differently (speed-wise) and have just been commuting to and from work.

Anyone got any suggestions as to why the consumption has dropped so dramatically ?

jenkz

-=Rob=- said:
It'll be the pedal to the right of the brake :runaway:

I swear that I haven't been ragging it ......... it's been far too icy up here to risk anything other than "sunday driving" - i was actually a bit worried that there might be summat wrong with the car cos there was a big difference in what i got out of a full tank (even though it sounds fine & a quick scout under the bonnet didn't show anything up)

bumblingfool

Just Another Number...
Nov 26, 2004
Lincoln
"Ive never managed more than 330 miles to a tank, and im N/A"

i remember reading somewhere that when creating the 20vt the mods done to it allowed them to create a more powerful engine with better mpg than the n/a. cant remember the ins and outs or the site, but i read it.....honest :blink:

Hitcher

Aug 1, 2001
Glasgowish
Visit site
Never more than 320mls usualy to a tank with mixed motorway and city driving,

Something different - Whats the least youve got out a tank, mines is the last tank, all city driving and got 210mls, 20 with the light on.....

Good fun though :redface:

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members