~400 miles per tank

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
03 reg mk4 tdi 1.9, 100bhp (i believe, second hand garage said was 130 but badge on back (silver/silver/red) writing+forum replies suggests it's a 100)

i'm getting 44.8 mpg average, majority of driving is 1 junction no a motorway and a few roundabouts at either end

i wuold expect more than 400 per fill up?

other than that car seems fine.

consider having a remap, tbh i dont even know if the prev owner already had it mapped. any way to find this out?

Chemical Al

Trollied Member
Apr 6, 2004
Craven Arms, Shropshire
if its a 130 it will be 6 speed ;)

for a 44mpg i would expect a lot of stop start, also depends on how warm the car is and how long the m/way drive is and how much of a lead foot. you should be able to get 10+ more mpg if you tried

BJM

Sep 25, 2005
Houston, Renfrewshire
Yep, i'dhave to agree with Al. Even my journey to wor is only 6 miles, 2 on a dual carrigeway and the rest in traffic, stop start and my average is over 50. With a decent amout of motorway it is usually high 50's!

It does all depend on how yoou drive though!

Mattyh87

Sideways as always!
May 7, 2006
Manchester
In my PD130, i get 58mpg driving at 90mph on the motorway. Driving at 60-70 ive seen upwards of 65mpg when being extra careful.

When its cold and stop start urban driving i would be getting around 25-35 mpg without trying - when warmer 35-45 mpg.

Your figures do seem a little low for a diesel!!!

tony19b

Apr 12, 2007
Lancashire
03 reg mk4 tdi 1.9, 100bhp (i believe, second hand garage said was 130 but badge on back (silver/silver/red) writing+forum replies suggests it's a 100)

i'm getting 44.8 mpg average, majority of driving is 1 junction no a motorway and a few roundabouts at either end

i wuold expect more than 400 per fill up?

other than that car seems fine.

consider having a remap, tbh i dont even know if the prev owner already had it mapped. any way to find this out?

One red "i" on 03 plate will be 110bhp, non PD model. I have the Toledo with same engine, usually get 400-450 miles per 45 litres, mixed driving, but have seen as much as 550 miles on long runs.

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i phoned seat as soon as i got it to confirm, they report my registration plate as 100, pd!

it's a capital 'I' if that makes any difference

jamesy

JMM
Nov 5, 2006
portsmouth (waterlooville)
just check the engine code and that will let you know of the engine, i think the ibiza 130pd ASZ and BLT on newer models, not sure on 100bhp and 110bhp versions
my current average over the last 220miles is 61.3 mpg and only used quarter of the tank

acs87

[B)]
managed 630 miles in my leon tdi fr on my last tank of fuel and could have gone another 20 miles, or so the trip computer told me!!
my drive to work consists of about 60 miles a day of mixed driving, duel carridge way, A roads, B roads and a bit of town and i can always manage 62 - 63 mpg if i stick to the speed limits without making an effort to drive efficiently.
pretty efficient i think........?

Phil_beeza

May 15, 2007
i've just got 130 miles and the needle is a hair below the 3/4 full mark.

so in theory thats 520? but my lower quarter always seems to go down quicker than high quarter.

making an effort not to floor it so much at each roundabout/light ;)

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
I normally get around 360 to 400 a tank with a mix of driving. My longest drive is usually about 8 miles to work so doesnt get a great chance to warm up with the odd motorway mile thrown in. Like to give my car the odd burst though. Doing better on this tank with 370miles and 1/4 of a tank to go............... and that includes a few laps blasting round the hillclimb track :D

MattFrench

No poke without smoke
Jan 16, 2007
www.rsfrench.com
Dont trust the trip computer calculations the only way i calculate mpg is to fill it to the brim , drive and fill it to the brim again. If were compairing how much we get to a tank its all relative to when we decide its empty, i know i can get 30+ miles to a tank more than the computer says i can, the computers a gimic, only my opinon though. I get 50+MPG If i drive eco or 35 mpg if im on the power all the time.

Kendo

The Kit Car Man
May 15, 2005
erskine
Done a fill up on sat and worked it out properly and got 43mpg over the tank :( yet when I check each journey on the computer im averaging 48mpg to 68mpg :confused: .

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.