424 BHP Cupra....

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Hi guys,

I had a seat cupra a while back - for me a bad experience as i got a bad one and after a week it went wrong and cos me £2800 from AMD to fix (good chaps there) Anyway, i now have an Audi S4 Avant in mint condition, i was after a nice diesel car as saving for first house, however....a chap has offered me his Seat Ibiza cupra and it is mint, £20,000 worth of recipts and a hell of alot of engine work, he says its 424bhp, is this possible with the bits he has had (please see below) if it is or near to it i may go for it but please give me an idear what you guys think

the mods he listed are -

424 bhp seat ibiza cupra

I USE THIS AS MY DAILY DRIVE, 26 MILES EACH WAY TO WORK, 35MPG ALL DAY DRIVEN TIDY

JE pistons - over bore to 1900cc
JE Conrods
JE forged crank - balanced
Garrett GT 3071r turbo
Back draft motor sport tubular manifold
custom 3 inch down pipe
760cc injectors
walbro uprated fuel pump
pro alloy intercooler
supertech valves
supertech double valve springs
supertech retainers
milteck exhuast
arp head bolts
arp bottom end bolts
oil cooler
uprated head gasket
boost contoller
large open cone filter
samco silicon piping
winde band lambda sensor
quaiff ltb differential
brembo 4 pot brakes - brand new
Cupra r alloys
kw coilovers - brand new

thats just what comes to mind........there is more

Thats it folks, please let me know if that possible or even if it could get to 400bhp? i have emailed him asking for a dyno just waiting back - will keep you updated etc

thanks again in advance

Anthony

RobDon

Pro Detailer
From what I see, JE do not make forged cranks or rods either, Backdraft do not make tubular manifolds either. The turbo is capable of up to 480bhp going by Garrett's website, depends what version it is though. 760cc injectors doesn't sound right either. Some links for you:

http://www.jepistons.com/

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT30/GT3071R_700382_3.htm

http://www.usrallyteam.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10_44&sort=20a&page=2

The spec is probably similar to what he is saying, but he's got a few things wrong, or he's lying? Either way, why would you want 424bhp in an Ibiza, you'll spin the wheels in every gear???

I'd be very careful, you might buy it and have a blown engine within a short time. All just IMHO of course.

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Is it imperial blue with super t alloys? Sounds like one I saw on pistonheads a few weeks ago, it wasn't alex's car as he stripped it down and sold the parts.

This one?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2254880.htm

hi guys

i did email badger bill and he said yes its is plausable - i also did go on the websites of the places he said he got the pistons from etc etc and couldnt see anything for an ibiza so i have emailed them aswell to see what they say. add link is here -

http://www.swapz.co.uk/swapz/1492397/seat_ibiza_cupra_400_bhp_must_see_/

anybody know it?

thanks for your advice guys aswell

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
As said, the turbo is capable of that power so it could be true. Just need to find out the "true" spec first..

Mark, Alex broke his ibiza and he only had a 2871, not a 3071..

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
yh it looks very similar howevr the front bumper looks a tad different were its been cut to fit FMIC, i did reply to the guy saying any proof on power etc and to say i am interested but not heard anything, i think it could be lots of fun

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
Looks the same one. As someone said, Alex kept breaking his gearbox on a GT2871R so what hope does a GT3071R have ... very little I'd imagine.

hi mate, i have since spoke to the guy and he said the gearbox has been rebuilt with uprted bearings etc etc he want to do a straight swop with my s4, do you think it would be good? also says he can get 35mpg driving well what you think

thanks

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
The bearings wasn't the broblem, it was the actual gears that caused the problem..

Alex stripped at least 2 4th gears (one of which was cryo frozen too) and that was running a 2871. I'm sure that Hooch also stripped a few gears to on a 3071...

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Yes, Alex stripped gears that were cryo treated on the 2871R. Each to their own but I really don't think it would be a good buy personally, not unless you enjoy no traction in any gear and stripping gearboxes on a regular basis.

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
ok guys thanks for that info im emailing him now to say this and will see what he says, just i am tempted for a bit of fun but dont want to lose my mint S4 avant if this things gearbox will just pop

really big thanks for all your advice and opinions

ant :)

Jan 13, 2010
UK
There a few on here running big turbos that aint had gear box problems, depends if its a road car or track car, a road car will be fine, as you can use the power to how you want it, meaning no full throttle untill your going a tidy pace, track car will be hammerd through the revs, spinning up wheels until the box does go bang

thats my 2p worth

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
There a few on here running big turbos that aint had gear box problems, depends if its a road car or track car, a road car will be fine, as you can use the power to how you want it, meaning no full throttle untill your going a tidy pace, track car will be hammerd through the revs, spinning up wheels until the box does go bang

thats my 2p worth

thanks mate the chap knows alex and said hi was a drag car and he was running 2.2 bar his is only running 1.5 so his gearbox is fine and has been past 2 years so i may get it...

Jan 13, 2010
UK
I think alex's old ibiza was running very high boost pretty sure it was peaking 2 bar, but his engine could take it as it was a very high spec engine. not sure if he used it to drag race though? i know from reading he run a few 1/4 mile's

easy way is to go see it, take it for a drive, get the chap to show you it in action....

KingAnt

CLue Less
Sep 18, 2009
London
I think alex's old ibiza was running very high boost pretty sure it was peaking 2 bar, but his engine could take it as it was a very high spec engine. not sure if he used it to drag race though? i know from reading he run a few 1/4 mile's

easy way is to go see it, take it for a drive, get the chap to show you it in action....

yeah i said that id meet him tuesday now he just said a guy with a evo 6 if offering the evo and cash so will see that and if its good he will go for that insted! there is a dyno print out he sent me aswell saying 424bhp!!! he said the oversized lamba sensor makes the engine management light come on an if i wanted proof he would bring a diognostic tool to show me, that sound ok?

Jan 13, 2010
UK
yeah i said that id meet him tuesday now he just said a guy with a evo 6 if offering the evo and cash so will see that and if its good he will go for that insted! there is a dyno print out he sent me aswell saying 424bhp!!! he said the oversized lamba sensor makes the engine management light come on an if i wanted proof he would bring a diognostic tool to show me, that sound ok?

over size??? it just replaces the normal lamba and lets you see a air and fuel display mate, he must mean wide band is in the normal lamba slot? correct me if im worng someone