450BHP Pug 106 Turbo Behemoth Paint Correction Detail

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Cheers people!

stunning!! what engine is it then beast then??
1.6 16V and a big garret turbo.

Looks good maz.. Me you and aaron have to get to gether for a session!!!
Indeed!

You're getting good at this detailing, aint you!?

Fantasic job - how long did that take? I'm going to say a while lol?
Cheers mate. Started at 09:30am and finished 9pm. I was going to spread it over two days but once I was in the flow I didn't want to stop.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
Thank you.

Its about 1.5 - 2 days work. Your a little too far away for me Dicko however I can recommend some good detailers around you if you wish?

jamiebennett81

is there not quite a lot of a hazing/blurring effect on the paint after correction

isnt it supposed to be a crystal clear reflection? sorry, just from what I have seen on you tube, the reflection back towards the halogen lights is supposed to be a mirror reflection isnt it? :)

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg

dholdi

Jul 3, 2008
Preston
Looks like orangepeel from the pics you have singled out. Depending on the paint I'm guessing that would take a few levels of wetsanding to correct before machine polishing. I think that may well have at least trebled the time for the job, something the owner may not have wanted or been able to pay for. I'm only guessing tho as only Jonjay knows what he was asked to do.

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
is there not quite a lot of a hazing/blurring effect on the paint after correction

isnt it supposed to be a crystal clear reflection? sorry, just from what I have seen on you tube, the reflection back towards the halogen lights is supposed to be a mirror reflection isnt it? :)

DSCF1435.jpg

DSCF1441.jpg
That side of the car has orange peel which was a result from a bad paint job. After the panel was corrected there was a vast improvement however the orange peel is underneath the lacquer so unless the client gets it resprayed there isn't much I could do.

jamiebennett81

That side of the car has orange peel which was a result from a bad paint job. After the panel was corrected there was a vast improvement however the orange peel is underneath the lacquer so unless the client gets it resprayed there isn't much I could do.

fair play

not dissing your work at all, but was just curious behind the reason of the blurred look on the paint still, but to get it to the point it was at is a very good job:)

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
I know mate :)

I took those close ups of it to show the before and after so it show perspective for the end result pictures. I took over 150 pictures that day so had a good selection to choose from.

Jan 31, 2008
top work mate it looks stunning :D

Nice little motor, my mate has a saxo with the same vts/gti engine and his is just being setup, its hit 350bhp at the wheels so far but a few more tweeks to come before its done :D

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
good work mate..

hope you took it for a quick drive afterwards ;)
I stalled it 5 times just getting it on the drive. His full RACE clutch which is basically On/Off style is so so heavy.

top work mate it looks stunning :D

Nice little motor, my mate has a saxo with the same vts/gti engine and his is just being setup, its hit 350bhp at the wheels so far but a few more tweeks to come before its done :D
Cheers mate.

Well done.

Didn't think it was possible to make a peugeot look good but you've almost convinced me!!!! :)

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
i may be a bit late on this topic but i know the car as such. My mate at Atspeed Racing in Essex pretty much built it. Its seriously quick, (Colin) who owns Atspeed with his dad and brother tuned it. Colin too has a 106 gti turbo now running approx 460hp and was last seen down southend chewing up a Lambo and an R1 haha! I drove Colins turbo when it was running 345hp, and im telling you its the best experience ive ever had, made me have the biggest smile on my face ever. Look out for his feature in the future French Performance Car Mag.

I only know all this as i owned a 106 gti too and used to try and follow Colin to meets etc. Great cars and i miss mine, but the Leon is deffinately a better allround car, plus it looks the part. Just waiting for my remap at AMD :p

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members