50k Service Cost!!

bobak

Opinionated non-mechanic
May 15, 2008
I went down to SEAT today for another matter in another thread, but while i was there I asked for a quote for my 50k service.

£173 I was told. So I asked him to tell me what would be done.

Apparently they check under the car, brakes, steering etc and change the oil filter and oil.
NO air filter change, no new plugs, no pollen or any other filter or part changed.
So... an oil change for £173!!

Yes, I know they check the car over too... but do they? I'll never know will I.

Apparently 20/40/60/80k is full service and the inbetweens are just oil. Bear that in mind when you go to dealer direct. Think I will be getting this done at my local. I'm sure they can handle a oil change.

lemonslap

In The Know
Mar 14, 2009
Kent
I went down to SEAT today for another matter in another thread, but while i was there I asked for a quote for my 50k service.

£173 I was told. So I asked him to tell me what would be done.

Apparently they check under the car, brakes, steering etc and change the oil filter and oil.
NO air filter change, no new plugs, no pollen or any other filter or part changed.
So... an oil change for £173!!

Yes, I know they check the car over too... but do they? I'll never know will I.

Apparently 20/40/60/80k is full service and the inbetweens are just oil. Bear that in mind when you go to dealer direct. Think I will be getting this done at my local. I'm sure they can handle a oil change.

our local seat dealer changes £165 (which was the same as my old bmw 320d at a main dealer!) however they will normally do a oil and filter change only with no inspection for about £80 we did this to keep the service book stamped therefore keeping the bodywork warranty, no I do it myself

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members