Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

52 LCR Leak (Not Door Seals)

Discussion in 'Leon Mk1 (2000-2006)' started by jay87, May 3, 2012.

1. jay87

jay87 Active Member

Hi guys,

I've got a weird leak on the 52 LCR, ive re-sealed all the door seals and the front drivers foot well is still getting quite wet.

I've noticed its dripping from around where the bonnet release catch is, (on to the plastic trim).

Any ideas guys?

2. BEEFYGTI

BEEFYGTI Full Member

Search mate. Lots of info. Search for " leak above pedals" there is possibly a leak from the bonnet release grommet, or a gap in the bulkhead seal. I had a slight leak from the same place. Turned out to be a seal around a black electrical box next to the bonnet release grommet . You need to remove the scuttle panel, wipers to get to it and use some burtyl seal to do the job correctly

3. ozzymyster

ozzymyster Active Member

Above advice will prob be your problem...check ur windscreen is leaking either...

4. BEEFYGTI

BEEFYGTI Full Member

This is what I needed to seal. [​IMG]m Took off the foam then re-sealed with burtyl stuff

5. UncleFester

UncleFester Grumpier by the day!

As well as sealing it .. dont forget to clean all the dead leaves and crud out of the drain hole so that the area doesn't filll with water in the first place.