1. Hi Guest. We've recently updated our forum rules. Please take some time to review them. You can read the new rules here
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, stickers are available from our online store.

55plate 1p lowered

Discussion in 'Leon Mk2' started by Granty312, May 20, 2019.

1. Granty312

Granty312 Active Member

Hi all,

I am looking at lowering my 55plate 1p, but unsure whether to go for coilovers or springs and why?

Also has anyone got a picture of one lowered on springs and coilovers and can see the difference? Looking at springs I couldnt see more than 40mm?

Also with a front splitter on too would be cool!

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

2. Granty312

Granty312 Active Member

Btw it's a seat leon

3. Legojon

Legojon I only wanted a remap

Well, I spent money on lowering springs. H&R. But found em a bit stiff for my liking (as I'm getting older). So I swapped them for Pro-Street-S coilovers. I think the trouble is, any amount of lowering will make the ride more uncomfortable, but will improve handling if that's what your looking for.

TBH if I could do it all over again, I'd prob just get Eibach lowering springs. The only reasons I can think to get coilovers are 1:- you want to go lower than 40mm. 2:- You want coilovers like I have with variable rate springs (so it absorbs some of the smaller potholes without breaking your back). 3:- You want to adjust your ride height or other properties on a weekly / monthly basis.

This is my Cupra on H&Rs when I got it:
    [​IMG]

And on pro-street-s (which of course could go lower):
    [​IMG]

4. Granty312

Granty312 Active Member

Thanks man!

The reason I want or sway more should I say, towards coilovers, is because If I buy 40mm springs and that's not low enough for me, then money wasted. Whereas coilovers can be adjusted if I want to go lower etc. How easy is it to adjust the ride height on coilovers? Never done it

5. Legojon

You basically jack the car up (to take the weight off) and there's a special tool that turns a disc round that they sit on. Like this image I've just stolen ..LOL. How low you go is down to personal choice. But I also have spacers on, and I very rarely catch the wheel arch liners cornering hard. So that's worth keeping in mind.

[​IMG]

6. Granty312

Granty312 Active Member

Okay well coilovers are sold to me! That's exactly what I want! Any idea on a decent low budget set? What's good for the money etc any links would Brill!

7. Legojon

Haha ok. At this point, you'd probably be better off asking for advice in the DPM Performance / Progressive parts sections of the forums as they guys there have a lot of experience with different brands of coilovers. For reference, the pro-street-s £830ish I think. I chose these purely for the comfort factor. My other choices in the running were KW V1, ST and AP:
    https://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ca...tsi-19tdi-20tfsi-20tsi-20tdi-inc-cupra-and-fr