55plate 1p lowered

Granty312

Oct 7, 2018
Hi all,

I am looking at lowering my 55plate 1p, but unsure whether to go for coilovers or springs and why?

Also has anyone got a picture of one lowered on springs and coilovers and can see the difference? Looking at springs I couldnt see more than 40mm?

Also with a front splitter on too would be cool!

Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Well, I spent money on lowering springs. H&R. But found em a bit stiff for my liking (as I'm getting older). So I swapped them for Pro-Street-S coilovers. I think the trouble is, any amount of lowering will make the ride more uncomfortable, but will improve handling if that's what your looking for.

TBH if I could do it all over again, I'd prob just get Eibach lowering springs. The only reasons I can think to get coilovers are 1:- you want to go lower than 40mm. 2:- You want coilovers like I have with variable rate springs (so it absorbs some of the smaller potholes without breaking your back). 3:- You want to adjust your ride height or other properties on a weekly / monthly basis.

This is my Cupra on H&Rs when I got it:
wjIxOYF.jpg

And on pro-street-s (which of course could go lower):
KCF5oTu.jpg

Granty312

Oct 7, 2018
Thanks man!

The reason I want or sway more should I say, towards coilovers, is because If I buy 40mm springs and that's not low enough for me, then money wasted. Whereas coilovers can be adjusted if I want to go lower etc. How easy is it to adjust the ride height on coilovers? Never done it

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
You basically jack the car up (to take the weight off) and there's a special tool that turns a disc round that they sit on. Like this image I've just stolen ..LOL. How low you go is down to personal choice. But I also have spacers on, and I very rarely catch the wheel arch liners cornering hard. So that's worth keeping in mind.

king-coilover-adjuster-tool.jpg

Granty312

Oct 7, 2018
You basically jack the car up (to take the weight off) and there's a special tool that turns a disc round that they sit on. Like this image I've just stolen ..LOL. How low you go is down to personal choice. But I also have spacers on, and I very rarely catch the wheel arch liners cornering hard. So that's worth keeping in mind.

king-coilover-adjuster-tool.jpg
Okay well coilovers are sold to me! That's exactly what I want! Any idea on a decent low budget set? What's good for the money etc any links would Brill!

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise