56 Altea FR interior query

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Just bought a Altea FR last friday , just noticed that the front seats are both different , the head rest on the passenger one goes down into a recess in the top of the seat and the drivers one dosent , the drivers one seems to be more rounder and wider at the top , also under the FR badge on the passenger seat is a stitching line but on the drivers side there isnt . just wondering if there might be a bit of history with this car ,or is this normal . any ideas anyone

Last edited:

redgreg

Hi
I have an 09 TDI FR and both the seats and headrest match each other.
Greg.

neilcw

My 07 plate Altea FR has matching seats. My head rests go into a recess although they don't go all the way down, there is a small gap. Sounds like you've got an FR seat out of another Seat car like previous series Leon or an Ibiza. There should be a storage bin underneath the seat accessible from the front too.

Neil

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Went to the local seat dealers today and have found out that Arnold Clark has sold me a 56 plate Altea FR with a leon FR drivers seat in it , Phoned them to tell them and they want to see the car tomorrow as they cant believe it , They cant understand why its got a leon seat in it . The bottoms of the seats are both the same it just seems to be the backs that are different .

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Hi

What a waste of a journey , i bought the car from arnold clark pug in glasgow so they obviously wanted to see it . so off i went to let them see it and they agreed that it was different and not the right seat , so its now booked into seat in edinburgh for them to look at to see what its needing . seat in edinburgh asked the salesman in arnold clark if they might just be slightly different and he asked them if they thought he was stupid . there is a pic on my facebook and this forums facebook page . its totally different . let me know what you think mate .
Im kinda half expecting the seat service manager to say that they came out like that and try and pull a fly one .

redgreg

Hi
Just had a look at your seats on facebook, the seats on my 09 altea FR are the same as your passenger side. Your drivers side seat looks like the ones you find in the Leon FR,s.
Good luck getting it sorted.

Greg.

neilcw

Yeh I've just looked too and even though they're both very similar the driver's seat is wrong. It could have been a mistake at the factory but then again it may not be the original seat which begs the question what happened to the original one? Cigarette burns, something spilled on it, heavy wear on the side bolster due to to high mileage? Very weird. The bottom line is it's wrong and AC should have sold you a factory spec car. I hope this doesn't turn into a nightmare for you.

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
With respect, Arnold Clark aren't a Seat dealer so they've just sold a second hand car. If that's how it came in, then that's how it came in, and they've just sold it. If there's a query with the spec or trim, or the seats, or whatever, then give 'em a chance to sort it out. They're under no obligation to supply a factory spec three and a half year old car at all, but you might be lucky and get it sorted. Or you might have to lump it as it is. Or you might be able to come to some agreement with them about getting some cash back, or even returning the car. But it's a second hand car after all, and maybe having a look at it before handing over money would have avoided this?

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Arnold clark have been really good about it and have said that this problem will get sorted out . I took the car to seat in stirling and they have told me its not right and that i have a leon fr seat in the drivers side .
The car is going to Arnold Clark Seat in Edinburgh in 2 weeks , they want to have a look at it and see what they need to order to fix it so hopefully all will go well .
Thanks for your comments guys

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
Seat Problem

Not sure if the statement re: Arnold Clark are not a Seat Dealer is correct.
I know they have a SEAT Dealership in Newcastle and certainly have access to SEAT UK stock which I believe makes them a SEAT Dealer.:confused:

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
What a waste of a journey , i bought the car from arnold clark pug in glasgow so they obviously wanted to see it . so off i went to let them see it and they agreed that it was different and not the right seat , so its now booked into seat in edinburgh for them to look at to see what its needing . seat in edinburgh asked the salesman in arnold clark if they might just be slightly different and he asked them if they thought he was stupid . there is a pic on my facebook and this forums facebook page . its totally different . let me know what you think mate .
Im kinda half expecting the seat service manager to say that they came out like that and try and pull a fly one .

Pug is Peugeot.

The fact that Arnold Clark mat have another franchise for a different manufacturer is irrelevant as the contract was made with a Peugeot dealer.

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
FR Interior

Agreed, must admit didnt notice it was an Arnold Clark Pug Garage, often makes me wonder why parts of Arnold Clark sell Seats, you think they would just send them straight to an Arnold Clark Seat branch?

Last edited:

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Ok guys iv got an update . took the car to Seat In Edinburgh today and they told me that my drivers seat was out of a leon which i already knew . They are finding out how much a new seat would cost and then contacting their branch where i bought it but the service manager told me that all the parts for the rear of the seat come seperatley and will cost a fortune to get and build up , he also said that if it were their branch that had sold me the car they wouldnt put a seat in it for me as it would be to expensive , But heres the best bit , oh this made me laugh , He said why didnt i get a passenger Leon FR seat from a scrap yard and put it in and then i would have a matching pair , To which i said its not a leon its an altea ,
Anyway im now awaiting to hear from the arnold clark where i bought it to see what they say and also contacting Trading standards on monday to see what they say about all this as i was told it would get sorted .[:@]

cadman2k

Jul 15, 2003
Visit site
seat problem

A Thought...My guess is this has been put in at the manufacturing stage, with some fitter walking across to the racks where the seats were and picking up the wrong one, and not getting picked up on a QC check due to the FR Logo being present.
I would contact SEAT UK and see what they can do for you as a backup to getting it all sorted out with AC.

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Cheers mate i never thought about them as its a 56 plate but its worth a go i suppose if AC dont do anything

petrolhead55

Mar 23, 2010
Heres the final installment of the seat saga . settled with arnold clark today as they are giving me £500 compensation as it was supposidly costing £1000 for their seat dealer tomake up a seat to fit my car so im happy enough . iv priced the upholstery for the front seat from seat and the foam and it works out to £200 just have to find a seat now . Thanks for all your help everyone .:)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
SEAT are great with their missbuilds. Ive had a cupra before now with leather interior, well all but the seat base on the osr and the osr door trim that were cloth..lol

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.