56 plate heater problem...

leighwheatley

i have a 56 plate leon FR TDI, it has some sort of heater fault. when you have the climate control on, it blows cold air in the temp range Lo-29.5 C the only way to get hot air is to have it on Hi. also when the speed is set to full this also does not work to its maximum, rather it acts as if its set on speed 4 etc.

has any one else expereinced this issue? or know of any possible causes?

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
Sounds like the blower motor and the temperature sensors in the vents? Possibly even the control unit itself?

My motor seemed to be running at 75% when it was set to 100%, in the weeks running upto it's total failure. It's a simple job to replace it.

Sio_08

you have a temperature sensor outside and inside the car i believe? as well thinking about it it could be the heater resistor if its only working on certain speeds? i know some manufacturers have this problem but not 100% sure.

Aug 16, 2007
Wolverhampton
'Heater resistor' is actually a box of electronics - transistors, capacitors, computer chips etc. This can be separated from the heater motor and replaced separately...

might be a good place to start, but won't explain the lack of heat.

Sio_08

yeah it's a good place to start and it could explain why its working on for example speed 4/75% and 100%. I know that they go on alot of cars.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
There have been known manufacturing problems - mine was done under warranty! if you search this site you may find the answer, otherwise is is a dealership job [ justa thought see if there is a VAG COM member near you - it may come up has a fault code least it may give some supportive info for you.

johnbailey2701

Heater not working Leon tdi 2007

Im new to this so I hope i put it on properley
I have a 2007 Leon tdi and the heater isnt blowing out warm air! All fan speeds are working so i take it the resistor is ok , I have also checked water pump and thats working ok, all heater pipes are warm inside and outside of car, I have checked pollen filter and thats clean also there is no leaking heater matrix!! Has anyone had the same problem or any ideas? I have been told it could possibly be switches behind dash that fit to heater box but reluctent to remove dash if thats not the prob!! HELP

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
i have a 56 plate leon FR TDI, it has some sort of heater fault. when you have the climate control on, it blows cold air in the temp range Lo-29.5 C the only way to get hot air is to have it on Hi. also when the speed is set to full this also does not work to its maximum, rather it acts as if its set on speed 4 etc.

I had exactly the same temp problem on a MK3 Ibiza but the fan would work on all speeds. The interior temp sensor was reading 28 degrees all the time regardless of actual temp. A new interior temp sensor fixed the fault.

Y45VWX

Top Shotta
Oct 21, 2014
Hi guys i have a 55 leon sport with climate control......i can control everything on the unit it self but no air coming from any vents at any speed.....could it be a fuse.....car was stationary for 2 months

stuFR

Oct 19, 2010
Had same problem with my Leon FR climate control, turned out to be faulty G395 Aircon/temp switch. It was wrongly reading low gas pressure in aircon system and shuts off air intake flap, so stops air flow. Cost £150 to fix.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.