'57 Cupra cutting throttle

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
I have noticed that when I put my foot down, sometimes my car is cutting power, mainly over poor condition roads; not sure if this is an aggressive traction control thing or?

I'm fairly new to this car and am still getting used to its quirks, I'm assuming this isn't a quirk though.

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
Dunno if it's the same on yours, but on mine when the TC kicks in there's an orange light on the dash. But if it's only doing it over bumpy roads then I'd say more than likely the ABS is sensing a difference in wheel speed and cutting power. Mines ace if I'm heavy on the acceleration and go across a dip in the road with both front wheels together! It doesn't know what to do!

Reactions: Silverfoxxxx

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
Dunno if it's the same on yours, but on mine when the TC kicks in there's an orange light on the dash. But if it's only doing it over bumpy roads then I'd say more than likely the ABS is sensing a difference in wheel speed and cutting power. Mines ace if I'm heavy on the acceleration and go across a dip in the road with both front wheels together! It doesn't know what to do!

This is most likely it, I'll give the journey a go on the way home with TCS off, see how it reacts.

Jfox

Nov 8, 2012
My TC saved my ass today.

Bit late for work, going slightly too quick into a corner in the damp. Hit the white line and it wiggled well out of shape. TC kicked in killed power quicker than i could take my foot off and sorted it.

Also my car spins in 1st and 2nd since having it mapped and TC always kicks in (unless i turn it off :p)

baconjamie

Sep 21, 2018
My TC saved my ass today.

Bit late for work, going slightly too quick into a corner in the damp. Hit the white line and it wiggled well out of shape. TC kicked in killed power quicker than i could take my foot off and sorted it.

Also my car spins in 1st and 2nd since having it mapped and TC always kicks in (unless i turn it off :p)

Im planning on getting mine mapped soon; at the moment it's completely standard. Still got the spin in 1st and 2nd, not looking forward to the extra spin after a map.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.