60K service

kev1978

Hello fellow seat owners..

My LC 2001 has just done 57K miles, and the service is due soon...
I got two quotes for a 60K service & cambelt change:

Southgate Seat said 500 pounds

MI Seat in kingsbury said 190 for service and 200 for the cambelt, total 390 pounds.

What have you guys paid for a 60K sevice and Cambelt change?
Has annyone had their cars serviced by M1 or Southgate seat? and did they do a good job?

Your help would be much appreciated..

Last edited by a moderator:

LFC4LIFE

Mine 60k service is due soon, My local dealer is advertising the 60K service which includes the cambelt change for 300 notes.

bumblingfool

Just Another Number...
Nov 26, 2004
Lincoln
hi, my 60k service cost me £190 and the cambelt cost me £338.

its an expensive service! what i did was have the service one month then save up for the cambelt.

these vag engines can last a long time on a belt, ive seen people report 120k before changes and i dont think ive heard of any stories of breakage around these forums but i may be wrong! so another month or so wont hurt anyone since seat themselves only suggest cambelt checking from 60k upto 120k where a change is obligatory. My belt eventually got changed at 78k and the belt was in as new condition.

one other thing to note make sure when they give you quotes its an all in price and not labour only. And if your getting your cambelt done pay the little extra and do the water pump and all tensioners etc. It costs little extra but could save more big £££ in the future.

good luck digging those pockets!

*extract from Autodata 2005*

Replacement Interval Guide

Seat recommend:
Check at the first 60,000 miles and then every 20,000 miles (replace if necessary).
Replacement every 120,000 miles (tensioner pulley must also be replaced).

The previous use and service history must always be taken into account

We also change the the waterpump while we're down there, total cost is about £340 all in!

kev1978

Thanks for your replies guys...

got a quote from JBS for 350 for service, cambelt and water pump..very good.

only problem is that i live in london, so need to workout if it is worth me travelling a bit further to get a good deal.

Does anyone know of a good garage in/near london ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.